Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so going to miss him. Been making me laugh for 35 years. How is that such a funny funny man could be suffering from such deliberating depression that he felt that he had no choice but to end his own life? So sad to lose such a big part of so many people's lives.

Nanu Nanu, Robin. You will be missed very much. :(

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Unbelievable news. Amazed I heard it here first. A very funny man who will be sorely missed.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I heard it on the news. Sad to see a talented actor leave us. One of my favorite shows as a kid was Mork and Mindy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes, he was a wildly successful stand-up comic, and then Mork. But for me his career truly began when he started acting in movies.

Yes, roles were hand-picked to fit him, but indeed he did fit those roles: he made his characters come to life. I think he was one of the most talented actors of our time.

For me, the words, "starring Robin Williams," were synonymous with, "this has to be a pretty good movie." He never let me down.

Thank you for sharing your life and zest with us. Sorry we (the world) weren't able to return the favor. You'll be fondly remembered.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Since we're discussing this on a Scooter forum, I'll say this. In my 70 years of life I have experienced some really down times. I have always found that a ride on my bike down some favorite Pennsylvania country road fixed a lot of my imagined problems. Or maybe just going out to my garage and cleaning up my motorcycle was therapy enough. I wish I could have talked to Robin about the positive effects these machines have on a man. God rest his soul.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Since we're discussing this on a Scooter forum, I'll say this. In my 70 years of life I have experienced some really down times. I have always found that a ride on my bike down some favorite Pennsylvania country road fixed a lot of my imagined problems. Or maybe just going out to my garage and cleaning up my motorcycle was therapy enough. I wish I could have talked to Robin about the positive effects these machines have on a man. God rest his soul.
I agree. Well stated!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Speaking as a Scotsman, I thought his bit on the origins of Golf is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

He will be missed. R.I.P. Robin.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Such a shame that a such great talent who was 'loved' by millions world wide should feel so alone to, allegedly, hang himself.

Perhaps : Link throws light and some understanding.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
As a fellow sufferer of depression, it isn't hard to "feel" alone even when you aren't. The chemicals in your brain get mixed up and you are overwhelmed by it. I have been suicidal so I totally understand. It isn't a nice place to be. Thankfully I never went through with it but I came close many times. Doing good now after years of drugs and therapy.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you ever watched Robin is candid interviews you always knew he had a dark side that he didn't like to show. As a fellow sufferer of depression and anxiety disorder I feel his pain...goodbye Robin you will be missed...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Perhaps comedy was his therapy. It must be an adrenaline rush to be on stage, making people laugh, not knowing if you might crash and burn on a bad set. Certainly not physically so, but the adrenaline is the same.

Many comedians suffer for their art. I'm a huge stand up comedy fan and too many die too young. Greg Geraldo, Lenny Bruce, Richard Jeni, and now Robin. RIP guys, you must have quite a set going now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts