Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, she's gone... The lil' Reb is off to initiate another newbie to riding... I'm so glad to hand her over to a "just graduated from the BRC" lady of my own generation (The "biddies" are taking over!! ).. Yet, somehow, I have mixed feelings about selling her... Not that I rode her much since I got the Burgie in late May - even now, she has only 1985 miles on her odometer, about 1300 of them mine... This season, I've already piled 4500 miles on the scoot, while Lil' Reb pined away in the shed... Hubby never got around to getting his learners' permit, and honestly, seems happier riding his tractor than he would on be on a bike. If he ever gets the "bug" to ride, I know there'll be another "Lil' Reb" out there to teach him...
Yesterday, I rode 'er on our last commute together, just like "old times"... I was happy to see that I hadn't forgotten how to handle the clutch and shifter, everything she taught me so well... My feet seemed to enjoy having something else to do besides resting on the floorboards, and the Lil' bike sang her blessed heart out as I decided to take her on the interstate, then off at the Central Bridge exit for one last foray thru the twisties of the hilltowns... We took our sweet time getting to work. I got a funny look from the garage attendant as I tried to fish my ID out of my jacket pocket as I was shifting down to neutral and coming to a stop... (AAAcck... I need an extra hand for this!) I pull her into the designated motorcycle spot which heretofore has been occupied by my Burgie, pat her, and head up to the office, still wearing my chaps and juggling the stuff that I had become accustomed to stowing in the scoot's trunk... Today, everyone in the office will know that I rode a motorcycle into work...
I took off from work a half hour early, even though I arrived a half hour late in the morning, and I rode Lil' Reb another 30 miles to deliver her to her new "mistress". I signed all the DMV paperwork, and bade her farewell and Godspeed in her new assignment. "Take care of each other", I tell Lil' Reb and Carrie... "and have fun... Hope to see you both on the road real soon...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Great story Diane! I enjoyed reading it.

Once in a while, I have this dream. In my dream, I walk into this big old shed. It looks a lot like an old shed that was on the property of the house I grew up in. In this shed, sits every motorcycle I ever owned. I walk over to the 1985 Gold Wing, light robin's egg blue, and shiny as the day I bought it. My maroon Yamaha Venture is there too, along with my black 400cc Honda Hawk, my red BMW R65, and others. I assume that all the batteries are long dead, but I turn the key on the Gold Wing, push the starter button, and it starts. I wonder why I never sold them, or no longer ride them. I begin to roll the Gold Wing out of the shed - then I wake up.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Diane
Well it is a much kinder thing to move the bike on so that it is used and helps another potential rider to get licenced. You now have the money to accessorise and modify!

1. Givi E52
2. Some Fehling bars.
3. Audiovox cruise control
4. Heated jacket and gloves

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Diane,

Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning. What a sweet tale. Glad you got in one more ride on Lil Reb. :)

I almost feel that way about our silver Burgie, which is now officially Lynn's. The bike has a great new owner who's taking good care of her--and the bonus is that we get to ride together. 8)

Happy riding on your Burgie,

Bryna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts