Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like a good little tourer:

C90

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'd buy it at half the asking price. Bet the fuel economy is awesome.
It's the real deal - Honda quality - not chinese POS.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I am tempted but as you say they are being rather ambitious seeking that price point. :D

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Without the Mail-box on the back, I had one of these as a commuter in the 80's.............I got it for £45 with a carb issue, got that sorted, and ran it for six months before trading for £70 towards a Suzuki GP100 I paid the princely sum of £150 for.

If I remember correctly it was about 105mpg on two-star, with just over a one gallon tank, but that was back when leaded was still an option!

To paraphrase an old song, it didn't go too fast, but it went pretty far.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I hear that 10-mile diameter 20 MPH zones are getting common in UK, so who needs more than this little 90 CC Honda has to offer?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is far worse and damaging to motorcycle enjoyment than 20 mph zones is the creeping 50 mph limits on country roads and the very near continuous double white centre lines (no overtaking). My one regret is not investing in road marking paint. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
My respect for double lines is decreasing by the same rate they're increasing.

If I can make a safe pass because

a) I've got perfect vision of the stretch of road needed to pass because
b) I'm on a motorcycle (scooter) with excellent overtaking capabilities bettered by the fact that
c1) The idiot car driver in front is doing way below the speed limit

or

c2) The driver in front is doing the ridicously low speed limit for the road.

I'll pass if there's no Police around.

It's safer than losing concentration because the speed and the road grossly mismatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts