Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found the web site, I am a Burgman 400 owner from B'ham AL. Although I have harleys all my life and got ride of my babdy an ultra classic I had mixed feelings on this burgman thing, I mean it isnt loud, no CB, no radio, what the heck. But after riding my "ride" for awhile I love it!! I have friends that tease me and call me all kinfd of names for riding it but I don't care. I know they are kidding and are still my friends but if they don't like it don't look at it. Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about my ride and I am actually looking to get a 650 now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well I applaud your bravery. You're in the thick of Harley country down there B'ham way. The 400 will somewhat keep up with HDs straight out, but will toast them in tight turns. The little burg just loves twisties and will easily scrape on both sides should you be brave enough to try.

The 650 will give an HD a run for its money. There pretty fast off the line. And twisties, even faster than the 400, but in a different way. Less maneuverable but LOADS more throttle thanks to the Power setting.

Anyway, enjoy the ride and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome! The sport bike (crotch rocket) crowd doesn't get the Burgman's either which is my background before getting a 04 Burgman 400 back in December. Plus, it seems the small scooter crowd doesn't "get" or like the Burgman (or big scooters in general) either.

Funny, how you need to ride one and actually use it for transportation to enjoy it. I love mine and it's working out really well as our second car :)

Bruce

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Burgman family.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the Burgman family. I have a 650 which I really like and yes most riders don't get the bike. I guess its like owning a KLR 650 (which I owned and sold and regretted), those guys are very much like Burgman owners, "ya gotta own one to get it". I've had many different bikes and all of them had positives and negatives about them, but this 650 of mine is about as good as it gets for my needs. I believe the more you ride your bike the better you'll like it.

Greg

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome! The sport bike (crotch rocket) crowd doesn't get the Burgman's either which is my background before getting a 04 Burgman 400 back in December. Plus, it seems the small scooter crowd doesn't "get" or like the Burgman (or big scooters in general) either.

Funny, how you need to ride one and actually use it for transportation to enjoy it. I love mine and it's working out really well as our second car :)

Bruce
I've experienced all of that too. Nobody really gets the Maxis and some don't want to ride with 'em. Harley's, sportbikes, touring groups. I had one scooter group leader who wanted to dismiss all the maxis. If it didn't look like a Vespa, it shouldn't be in the group he argued. Another MC group questioned if I'd slow them down. The Harley riders looked at my 400 like it smelled like bad cheese, with a certain disgust in there faces.

But on the other hand, I easily move from the scooter to MC groups that will have me. My dance card is usually full every weekend. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts