Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since SuzukiUSA took away the accessories link on the homepage ,I have been poking around the Suzuki of Japan website & found the page for accessories for what they call the Sky Wave 650. I used Alta Vista's Babel Fish translator & look what they have. Dig those power folding mirrors!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... ories.html

Here is the webpage for the Sky Wave (Burgman) 650 50th Anniversary model. Pretty in black...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... index.html

& finally, if you want the non-translated site for all of their scooters (& 2 bicycles!) here ya' go:

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/scooter/scooter.html

These web addresses should not have any spaces in them incase you are having trouble getting them to work.

Cheers,
dan.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hillarious!

The floor mat is hillarious. I'd never have wished for one. I wonder how many of those they sell. If I REALLY wanted floor mats for my Burgman, I would rather have them for the floorboards, though. I don't see much use for their "center hump" floor mat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those auto folding mirrors are cool. Says install time is only 2hrs. Cost is Y38,000, which is about $340 at current exchange rates.

Very cool, if you ask, me. When I took my bike home, I was wondering if these were available, as they would sure come in handy when parking in the garage and when approaching a stop light and getting in between traffic to get to the front :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Do you think if you explained to your suzuki dealer what you want and then give him the part # from the Japan site , do you think they could order it? If anybody pursues this please keep the membership informed. Thanks in advance

Grip heater
57100-10830
XXYEN 19,000(installation time 1.5H)

I'm interested in these

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Hell - I'd toy with the idea of replacing the "Burgman" labeling with "Skywave" if they'll sell the lettering overseas - just to screw with the folks that don't know one from the other, anyway. (which is just about everyone on planet Earth)

:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Burgman vs. Skywave

I have always kind of wondered why the name change from Europe/Japan to here?? We have discussed before that the name is just kind of stupid.. I like Skywave a LOT better, and agree that if I could find them, I would probably change the lettering on mine also!

Martin

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Re: Burgman vs. Skywave

Martin Maxwell said:
I have always kind of wondered why the name change from Europe/Japan to here?? We have discussed before that the name is just kind of stupid.. I like Skywave a LOT better, and agree that if I could find them, I would probably change the lettering on mine also!

Martin
You could always buy your own emblems...
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 042#218042

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Nice find dohc150. Thanks for the links.

But like the others, I don't know why they are keeping these accessories out of North America. I wonder if they're available in Europe?

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Suzuki!

Suzuki-we need this stuff sold in America-lots of Burgmans are going without and there owners are anxious to help their Burgmans!
JC

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
650 Accessories from Japan

I bought the center hump mat 99000-99034-29N and the mirror visors 99000-99074-10N through Dr.Suda.
Wow... Talk about amazing service. I ordered them from Taka last week. They shipped on 1/25 and they arrived today 1/29. Taka even translated the instructions by hand. They give better service than most stateside shops.
If you want any of the Japanese accessories just email the part numbers and your mailing info to Taka at [email protected]. You will get the total cost with shipping in Yen. Email back your payment info and you are golden.

Great person to deal with.

By the way, my wife says that I should quit whoreing up Ingrid (The Bike) and ride it instead. Oh well, when it quits snowing.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
why did you buy the center hump mat??

anyways
I am ordering some stuff from Dr Suda too but I'm having problems with my paypal account so I can't use my paypal debit mastercard.. :?
I'm getting the Skywave emblems :D and the Leg deflectors :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gotta say the seat heater sounds nice :p

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Why center hump mat?

Hey Waldo,

I bought it for 2 reasons, like alot of other folks I have a hard time not dragging my foot over the hump with my size 15s and just because.

I bought the deflectors from Greisse. They are really nice.

What part numbers do you have for the Skywave emblems? I can only do so much with bablefish.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I didn't have the part number I just explained to him what it was and he figured out what it was and they cost about $50 for both if I remember right but the 650 part is a separate part but I figured theyre the same font so I didn't order those

and size 15! you must be REALLY tall, my cousins 6 something and I thought his 13s are big.. :lol: :)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Just placed my order with Taka:

--Mirror Fairings. The increased ventillation in the summer is not balanced by being whacked in the hands by debris, bugs, etc. on the highway a little too often. Hope these will help.

--Grip Heaters. Not sure if these are grip heaters or heated grips, but I like the idea of a factory-style knob instead of having to figure out how to mount a Heatroller like I did on my PC800. I hadn't planned to get heated grips until next year, but since I was placing this order from Japan, made sense to do it now.

--Passenger Platforms. Patricia loved the PC800 passenger seat, says the Burgman makes her spread her legs too much (with some rather "colorful" descriptions of the seating position). So we're first gonna raise her feet and legs up. If that helps, Step 2 will be a custom saddle and have Rick basically remove most of the side padding where her legs go...as comfortably down to the seat pan as possible to narrow the seating position. This part was the biggest reason for my order.

Was quoted about $400 USD. If you think that's expensive, you should see the sticker on the Fournales shocks I'll be ordering from the factory in Europe soon! *eeek*

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just looked at the 'website' section and thought that maybe one of the moderators or someone with more computer skills than me might be able to make one page of sites? Just maybe to make it easier to locate a particular item (catagorized?) or site they are looking for instead of hunting through a lot of posts. Just a suggestion.

Mike

1 - 20 of 53 Posts