Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it! Finally joined the ranks of Burgman owners. K5 out the door ........
Bike
Dealer prep/paperwork
5 year full warranty extension
helmut
textile armor jacket

..............$8200.00 USD ( Doesn't include registration fees to state)

Fair Price or did I not haggle enough?

Bill

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Depends where you are but sounds like an average price with what you got included. Having your own Burgman makes up for a couple hundred all by itself! Did you get the color you wanted? have a BLAST on it! :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks, Stu

Won't actually get to ride for another week or so...I want to complete the safety course first.

I'm up in Massachusetts where evrything is expensive!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. Amount seems pretty reasonable to me too. And, I'm down in the south where everything is supposedly cheap. HA!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Geez, I sure hope that price was for a 650. Your gonna love it no matter what cc. Best of luck and ride safe.

Evelyn

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
OK - here tiz. It wasn't a deal. I didn't shop. 04 650.

Base Price: 7100
Dealer Prep: 199
Processing Fee: 75
Backrest: 129.95

Sales Tax: 525.24
Tire Fee: 2.00
Filing Fees: 150.00

Total: 8181.19 OTD - minus my down payment.

Last October.

Now there are lots of things on that bill of sale that alotta ppl could hedge against. Whatever. It doesn't matter. I was flush, hadda have a silver (my preferred color) 650, and he (the dealer) had it.

I prolly got screwed but all i knew was was that i wanted it!

All said and done tho the Dealer later subtracted half the cost of the backrest tho.

Cheese - lookie loo - actual numbers.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Paying any price for something you wanted only hurts if you find someone who payed less for the same. In theory, it should make you feel better if you know someone paid more.

So for those of you feeling bad because someone paid less: Feel better now. I paid $9435 which included the new 2004 650, tax, registration, insurance, two new helmets, and the backrest.

Oh, and I never lie.

Dave B. :wink:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price

Weygold,

The dealer I used had several warranty options. ( Don't they all! )

The one I got normally goes for $534.00. It is a full extension of the factory warrantly, excluding normal wear, such as tires, filter, etc.

There are more extensive service plans out there, but in some ways your betting that your going to have a lot of after-market problems with your bike if you take them! Given the range of 'Do-it-Yourself' info on this site, I opted to just go with the factory warranty and deal with normal service requirements myself whenever possible.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
By the way Bill - I just wanted to say that I exposed my numbers not so as to boast about my price. I thought it was too expensive (then.) I didn't shop around. It was an impulse purchase. Also, it was eight months ago, and I think the price of poker has risen a bit along with the general popularity of scooters. I posted those numbers because I had not seen anywhere else where someone had volunteered that sort of specific pricing breakout/personal info, and what the heck, I had my sales package handy. I still don't know if it was a "steal," "average," or "low." I didn't mean to be too insensitive.
And YOU got the extended service plan!!!
YOU DAWG!!! :evil: :D
Me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
650 price

Pete

Absolutely no problem!

No offense meant....No offense taken! :)

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
New X9!

You didn't do bad, and I feel pretty good now myself! I just bought a new '05 650 yesterday afternoon (rode it to work this morning and MAN do I love it!) It's replacing a Piaggio X9 500 I bought a few months back, which will soon be going to a new home. :wink:

My price out the door was $7550, including the 5 year extended warranty. Considering you got a helmet and jacket with it, that's right in line with what I paid here in Alabama.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine - the X9 is a great bike, but this one totally blows it away. :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I went into 2 different dealers today, and thanks to what others have posted on this board, asked if they could do an '05 B650 for US$7500 out the door, including the first service. It seems a few folks have gotten about that price with a throw-in like the first service, or a helmet, or extended warranty. I also showed them my communications with Honda East in Toledo, Ohio; if I add Michigan taxes to their OTD price, it'd be $7176. (plus, of course, figuring out how to transport it, or transport myself to it 250 miles away) They didn't know how Honda East was doing it, since that price was at or below cost, and there weren't any incentives.

One shop gave me an initial quote of $8150 OTD for the scooter alone, and only would go down to $8000. The closest dealer (less than 10 miles from me) offered me $7600 OTD for the scooter alone, assuming they didn't have to go too far to get one in trade since they didn't have one in stock.

So now I have to decide if I want to go with their $7600 offer, or work on a third dealership that gave me an initial quote of $8150 OTD (essentially MSRP). Someone once mentioned that you should be able to get it for the listed MSRP (US$7800) or less as an out-the-door price. So at least I'm in the ballpark at $7600. And paying ~$400 more than Honda East's price is justifiable since it'll mean buying locally, servicing should be better there since I'd bought it there, and I wouldn't have to figure out long-distance transportation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts