Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's a dead link, at least it wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems I can't get the link to work. I have no idea what's going on. It's the pack of 6 Castrol fully synthetic 10w-40 at like 43 dollars shipped

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Glad to help

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone used the above linked Castrol oil in the 650? I want to put it in the engine and final drive same as my 400.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll say it again: I worked for a large international demolition company and we used Shell Rotella T 15W40 oil in million dollar excavators and exclusively in all the well over 100 million dollars of heavy equipment. Much of that equipment ran 24-7 while jobs were in progress. We NEVER experienced any equipment failures due to oil related problems. I spoke with engineers at Shell and they relayed to me that if I ran the Shell Rotella T 15-40 exclusively in my motorcycles that they would warrantee my engine if I had ANY oil related failure. I've been running it for a decade and a half and 150,000+miles in two cruisers, one adventure bike and a scooter. Never a problem. Oh, by the way synthetic isn't oil it's chemical lubricant. I use the inexpensive Shell "OIL" not synthetic lubricant. The synthetics are just spec'd lubes and the chemical properties are changed when certain chemicals become scarce or expensive and changed for the cheaper to produce. The bottle of Mobile 1 synthetic you buy this month could be a totally different blend of chemicals next month as long as it meets specifications for lubrication. Real oil will always be oil...................

·
Registered
753 Posts
Have to agree with Gunruner. If our machines cant tell the difference between $15 oil changes and $45 oil changes why spend the extra $?

I got a bit of money tied up in my four bikes but none of them are going to die an early death because I didn't use $10 a quart oil in them. Use the weight that the book says to use, change it around when you are supposed to change it and be happy. Your bike will be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts