Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an almost brand new rider. Practicing on a '03 Burgman 400 with 20,000 we purchased locally. Riding on the weekends and getting ready to finish my motorcycle endorsement class. Love the "old girl" I'm riding. Planning to purchase a new 650 when I get more comfortable. Looking forward to reading through the forum for tips and advise. Currently, my mantra is, "turn your head in the direction you want go!" Biggie, it seems. Have a wonderful Friday! :D

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Welcome to the site.

20 miles on a 2003

What are you doing up so early in the morning? Retired? :?:

YES looking where you want to go is something you should learn. Now as for turning the head it depends on how well your body works. I have a head that has been around for over 76 years and when I turn my head to make a "U" turn I find it very hard. That does me more harm than good.

Another item, as far as thinking you are going to buy a 650 to replace your 400 you may want to think that over. The 650 is very different than a 400. I owned a 400 and also a 650 and sold the 650 it was more trouble than it was worth.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Welcome, from the north edge of the Olympic Peninsula in WA State...

where we are currently celebrating our first Balloon Festival this weekend, welcoming a couple hot air balloons from Peoria, AZ! :D

And my two cents' worth on the Burgmans (I've had both - started on the 400, bought a 650, rode both for some time, and then sold the 400)...
it can go both ways. I love my 650, and sometimes miss my 400...but recently added a motorcycle. Everyone's a bit different in their riding likes and dislikes, and there are more than two sides to every argument when it comes to riding on two wheels.

Take you time, enjoy your 400 and when the time comes for a possible move to a bigger or different ride, you'll know. :)

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts