Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Interesting site.

The Honda 600, also on that page, was the first car I bought for myself. Mine was red, but when that faded I had it painted blue. The Burgman 650 was the last vehicle I bought for myself. I've moved up from a 600 to 650, and it only took me 30 years and the loss of two wheels. :wink:

Please don't delete the link. It's a car with a Honda motorcycle engine in it. It is also an alternate link to the Suzuki video page.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Cheers Doc

I had seen it before but enjoyed it again. :wink:

Did you notice she barely got above 20mph and was covering the brakes!

·
Registered
848 Posts
NormanB said:
Did you notice she barely got above 20mph and was covering the brakes!
I'm not sure what you are implying Norm but my take on it is this:

She is riding on residential streets while being shadowed by a film crew while giving a rather good commentary at the same time. Of course she is going rather slowly and covering the brakes, she is being proactive due to the fact that her concentration is not completely on riding.
This gal is an extremely accomplished rider and takes her riding and track time very seriously. Dagmar Midcap is a lot more than just eye candy.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Rubble said:
This gal is an extremely accomplished rider and takes her riding and track time very seriously. Dagmar Midcap is a lot more than just eye candy.
Yeah I agree her name must be an anagram too! :lol:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4-D's 600

I remember the Honda car---600cc aircooled and not taken seriously by any of the American manufacturers. Most Japanese cars of that era looked like caricatures of themselves and Nissan was so afraid of failure that they used the Datsun name until they became established. Look how far they have come. I live not far from Marysville and they not only export Hondas around the world from there, but use empty shipping containers from Japan to send Ohio soybeans to Japan, rather than sending the containers back empty as they used to.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Right click on the link to the video and select "Save Target as" or "Save Link as" (depending on your browser) and select the location to store it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: 4-D's 600

docta said:
I remember the Honda car---600cc aircooled
I read a review of one in a 1975 issue of Popular Mechanics. A short while later I went to a nearby town to buy a '75 Honda Civic, and saw a '72 600 hiding in the rear of the lot. Of all the cars I test drove that summer it was the only one I could shift smoothly on first try. It had 1100 miles on it and I paid $1100 for it. It had originally been given away as a "Buy a new Cadillac and get a second car free!" deal. The original owner hadn't even peeled the plastic protective wrap off the door panels. It lasted 50,000 miles then died of timing chain failure. Damned good car for me at the time as a student in college. My favorite picture of it has it parked rear-end first in the back of my uncle's ford pickup. The rear axel was 48" wheel hub to wheel hub and so slid perfectly between that truck's 48.5" fender well spacing.

As I said before, it was a 600cc vehicle that weighed about 1200lbs dry. My Burgman 650 is 638ccs, and less than 600 pounds dry. I'll concede that with half the wheels and half the weight my Burgman is 4 times the fun of that car. The Honda 600 was great at the time, but no sports car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts