Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Are you keeping it a secret or can you let us know where we can get a good deal to?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy them online from " Frames Direct" but b4 u buy them, if u sign up 4 their emails - which I did - u also get a 20 dollar coupon code off of their already less than retail prices. I got the "twisted" model because it says it has almost unbreakable frames and I also got the ones with polarization.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Tom may I ask if you wear prescription glasses and was this price with prescription ?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That price was for non prescription polarized lenses. Polarization adds about 45 dollars to the price, so it was/is a great deal. My recent cataract surgery on both eyes gave me back my 20/20 vision, so ask ur eye doc if u qualify 4 that 1st. Not sure what insurance u have but medicare pays 4 that.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
tomfelock said:
That price was for non prescription polarized lenses. Polarization adds about 45 dollars to the price, so it was/is a great deal. My recent cataract surgery on both eyes gave me back my 20/20 vision, so ask ur eye doc if u qualify 4 that 1st. Not sure what insurance u have but medicare pays 4 that.
I do believe that you may very well be mistaken that Medicare will pay for non-prescription sunglasses after cataract surgery - As a practicing eye doctor - Medicare WILL pay for one pair of prescription glasses after cataract surgery.

Medicare has a very limited benefit for eyeglasses. The benefit covers prescription glasses following cataract surgery, but does not include plano sunglasses. Sunglasses are considered a patient convenience item. As such, they are always the patient"s responsibility. OM (Opthalmology Management)

Cataract Surgery

Medicare will cover eyeglasses or contacts after a cataract surgery. Medicare will cover standard frames, will cover the glasses even if you had glasses before, and will cover both lenses even if only one eye was operated on. Make sure that the eyeglass or contact provider is contracted with Medicare and accepts assignment, otherwise all or part of the costs will be your responsibility. In this case, the eyeglasses or contacts are covered under Part B of Medicare, and will be subject to your annual deductible, if it's not satisfied or covered elsewhere, and a 20 percent co-pay, if that's not covered by other insurance.

Medicare Advantage Plans

An alternative source for Medicare eyeglass coverage is a Medicare Advantage plan. Medicare Advantage plans take the place of Medicare, although you still have all the rights associated with being a Medicare beneficiary. Medicare Advantage plans usually offer benefits not typically covered by Medicare, including vision coverage. Typically, an annual routine eye exam is covered, and glasses or contacts are covered every 24 months.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
tomfelock said:
duh - i said that medicare would pay 4 the cataract surgery, not eyeglasses.
OH...........Well, never mind then! (Emily Latella)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts