Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tour and Ride has some good deals on closeout top cases. www.tourandride.com. I purchased the Kappa 42 liter monolock case for my Honda PCX. It was $81.00 plus tax and free shipping. Kappa is the sister company to Givi and their monolock and monokey cases are interchangeable with their base plates.

The case comes with the attaching plate but you may need to purchase the adapter plate for whatever bike you have.

Monokey is supposed to be more robust then the Monolock design. I aleady have a Givi V46 liter Monokey case on the Burgman 400. That is a about a $265.00 to $285.00 case now. $81.00 vs. a $265.00 is a no brainer.

I had a Givi 29 liter Monolock case on my PCX already but wanted something a little bigger and the Kappa 42 liter was cheaper then the Givi 29 Liter. Same locking mechanism and same key type. I did not have to switch the mounting plates.

I liked the looks of this case but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Autoplay video with audio on site auto-restarts after being paused. Gah.

I mean, prices aren't out of line and there's a fair selection, but they really should respect customers' instructions to stop it... not friendly.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I lost my monolock case once, when i hit a very hard bump with my majesty 125.
It just detached from the plate (the two hinges on the opposite side of the key), i think 'cause the summer heat. A car had to brake hard to avoid it, i braked as well as that driver was sounding his horn, and the case passed me, tumbling on the road like that bushes in the desert.

I'll never buy another monolock. Also, i'm the only one i know that had this experence, so i don't know how much value this history can have :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts