Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That's less that it cost for the dealer to just replace a belt here in the U.S. . That said parts on Europe are more expensive that the U.S. , so I question what exactly that so called complete overhaul covers ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
He is of course using the engine-kept-in-the-frame method of detaching and reataching the CVT.
With the current exchange rate (diminishing thanks to Golman-Sachs' dirty tricks which let Greece get into the Euro zone) 1249€ is 1342 USD
The consumer internet price for the belt is €500, the bearings maybe 40€, so quite posible to make a profit, though not huge.

He has set a price to attract customers, not like a normal shop, making good money on servicing, writing bills for 12 hours or more on an 8 hour day.

They will only repair a CVT to fill out blanks in the calendar.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Someone in USA should offer this service, maybe in an area where the Burgmans are prevalent and could be transported in cheaply or drive in for those with high mileage who want rebuilds.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Eric , how has the EURO's plunge in general effected life in Europe ? The Canadian Dollar and the EURO has really taken a huge hit against the U.S. Dollar recently . That said even though the Dollar is now much higher against the YEN , Japanese stuff / parts have not gone down at all in price here in the states . When the U.S. Dollar rose 20% recently and since trade in done in U.S. Dollars , I thought it might plunge the world into another recession ? On my part when the EURO hit 1.6 to the U.S. Dollar I thought it was WAY over valued to the U.S. Dollar , which in turn would cause the kind of problems Greece is having now .

TheReaper!

He is of course using the engine-kept-in-the-frame method of detaching and reataching the CVT.
With the current exchange rate (diminishing thanks to Golman-Sachs' dirty tricks which let Greece get into the Euro zone) 1249€ is 1342 USD
The consumer internet price for the belt is €500, the bearings maybe 40€, so quite posible to make a profit, though not huge.

He has set a price to attract customers, not like a normal shop, making good money on servicing, writing bills for 12 hours or more on an 8 hour day.

They will only repair a CVT to fill out blanks in the calendar.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That is not going to happen , the cost of the parts alone would prevent it .
Then there is no such thing as cheap transportation , or cheap skilled labor . In order to get the cost down some one would have to start manufacturing some of the parts .

IMO which I have had since the very beginning , is if some one wants to keep one of these is a CVT out of a low mileage wreck . $500.00 for the CVT and $730.00 to have the dealer install it . I would much rather have a used 5000 mile CVT put in verses a dealer rebuild . That's a pretty good deal in my book .

TheReaper!

Someone in USA should offer this service, maybe in an area where the Burgmans are prevalent and could be transported in cheaply or drive in for those with high mileage who want rebuilds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
With the exchange rate for the yen to the dollar being so good do you think we will see any better prices on parts?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
With the exchange rate for the yen to the dollar being so good do you think we will see any better prices on parts?
Not here and not for awhile if ever , that said if you went to Japan and they haven't raised their prices there as yet you probably could buy them cheaper . You would have to turn your Dollars into YEN then make your purchase .

Now you're probably thinking how come prices on Suzuki parts haven't come down accordingly . Well that's a good question and there is a very easy answer . When Suzuki takes those U.S. Dollars and exchanges them for YEN they get more YEN and that adds to their bottom line as in profits . It can take a company that is about to go bankrupt and on paper make them profitable . It's the reason Japan and countries like Japan are always trying to drive their currencies down :boxing:. It called "beggar thy neighbor" trade policies . Or profits from currency manipulation .

When one EURO cost $1.60 a 200,000 EURO apartment in Paris would have cost you $320,000 U.S. . Today with the EURO @ $1.08 that same apartment would only set you back $216,000 U.S. .

See how that works ? :D TheReaper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts