Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time had finally come and it couldn't have gone to a better guy either. After listening to my wife's complaining and realizing that her concerns were valid I sold my bike. The guy and friend of mine who got it has been drooling all over it for 2 years now and kept offering me a very fair price too. I did remove some of my mods but will sell most of the riding gear. I know he will enjoy it more than I ever did as he is younger and more spirited than this grandpa.
So guys it has been fun but it is time to say goodbye to my harley davidson softtail and I promise I will never go back down that road again. Anybody want to buy some chaps?

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
The time had finally come and it couldn't have gone to a better guy either. After listening to my wife's complaining and realizing that her concerns were valid I sold my bike. The guy and friend of mine who got it has been drooling all over it for 2 years now and kept offering me a very fair price too. I did remove some of my mods but will sell most of the riding gear. I know he will enjoy it more than I ever did as he is younger and more spirited than this grandpa.
So guys it has been fun but it is time to say goodbye to my harley davidson softtail and I promise I will never go back down that road again. Anybody want to buy a CLOWN suit?
:D

Hey, I grew up riding HD's and I will never ride another one if I can help it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I will not bash Harleys but in almost 50 years or riding I can honestly say that I bought everyone that I really wanted. Yes, that means not a one.

But then, I buy the bikes that I want- not the ones that someone else tells me that I should want. Some have been better than others (a lot better!) have been but if I made a bad choice then it way my bad choice and not someone else's.

There are around 314 million of people now in the USA. Even if only one in a thousand owns a Harley then that is a lot of Harley owners. But I am not one and don't plan on ever being one.

Glad you still got that wonderful Burgman. As long as God will let me ride on two wheels I plan on having at least one Suzuki Burgman.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I will not bash Harleys but in almost 50 years or riding I can honestly say that I bought everyone that I really wanted. Yes, that means not a one.

But then, I buy the bikes that I want- not the ones that someone else tells me that I should want. Some have been better than others (a lot better!) have been but if I made a bad choice then it way my bad choice and not someone else's.

There are around 314 million of people now in the USA. Even if only one in a thousand owns a Harley then that is a lot of Harley owners. But I am not one and don't plan on ever being one.

Glad you still got that wonderful Burgman. As long as God will let me ride on two wheels I plan on having at least one Suzuki Burgman.
Ain't that the truth.

Some people ride for the ride; and some people, apparently, ride to be SEEN. And some people think that people who aren't interested in motorcycles are REAL impressed with the Hardly-Drivable brand. :kermit:

Some people, it goes without saying, are fools.

If I were to design a two-wheel riding conveyance for the comfort and pleasure of the rider, with nothing else in mind...it would be awfully close to the Burgman 650. Smooth and quiet and easy on and reasonably-comfortable seating; fairing keeps most of the wind off...perfect.

Compare that to the H-D riders, the few times they actually RIDE them and don't TRAILER them...all done up with chaps and the H-D shield on their jackets...frantically rubbing their backsides to get feeling back into them; numb in the hands; stopping every hundred miles for gas (37 miles a gallon and three-gallon tank).

DO...NOT...WANT.

I have a BMW parked next to my Burgman...I prefer the 650 but the BMW is a great change of pace. Gonna keep them both; but the Burgman will get the lion's share of use.

When something expensive blows up, like another poster is dealing with...I'll have decisions to make. Until then, life is good.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I don't want a Harley. Why? Because I had one.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
My son looked at a HD. Once he test rode a Victory 100_0498.jpg
Pictures worth 1000 words.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Those Victory bikes are impressive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like a Harley but can't afford 2 bikes

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'd like a Harley but can't afford 2 bikes
My friend has a beautiful Harley Switchback and bought a used Burgman last year. The Harley is seldom ridden now. He says he rides the Burgman so he can keep up on crooked roads.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If I was rich and could have as many bikes as I wanted I would buy a Harley just for the sound although mine would only be just a bit louder than stock. Also it would have to be one of the old style Harley baggers with the white wall tires and a fifties colour scheme. Impractical as h-e-double chopsticks but nice to ride on a lazy summer afternoon or evening.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I liked the HD for what it was but what is was is no longer practical for me.
The versatility of the Burgman is just like comfort food for riding. Other than off road adventures I have not found a situation it couldn't handle. But the smile that it gives me is what it's all about! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts