Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to buy a Burgman 400 yet I am questioning weather it will have sufficient power to carry me, a golf bag and a small carry on bag . Would I be better off buying. 650 or would the 400 have sufficient power on the highways traveling aroun 200 miles with it

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Golf bag? As in clubs? The 400 has more storage than just about any scooter on the market, but that would be pushing it.

So far as power, the 400 has more than enough to move you and whatever luggage you can store or safely strap on to it, at highway speeds for thousands of miles.

If you're serious about a golf club bag, Piaggio has a model or two of their MP3 where the trunk can be accessed through a tailgate in the back. I suppose you could fit a small golf club bag through it and have it hanging out the back.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Some years ago, a 400 rider, Grunke2000 (RIP) made
a carrier for his golf bag. The bag stood straight up
on the back end...right in front of the license plate
& the passenger backrest. Worked out nice for him.
I only ever saw it once, so I don't remember any
of the details, other than part of the bracket came
out from under the bottom of the rear fender, & the
side braces attached to the passenger handholds...
where the studs are installed for the bungie cords.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Carrying a golf bag on a Burgman

If you wish to carry a golf bag on a Burgman I would recommend that you use a smaller stand bag for your clubs, with a cover, and strap it securely across your back seat using soft ties on your passenger grab rails. I have used this method to carry a golf bag on all of my two wheelers with no problems and I am sure that either the 400 or 650 could easily accommodate this set up.

Another option would be to add a trailer hitch to the bike and use a Rivco rack with Sport Stand. After you factor in the hitch cost $250.00, the rack $150.00 and the Sport Stand $100.00, things start to add up.

My personal choice would be strapping the bags to the back seat with quick release straps and soft ties. Keeps the center of gravity high and and component costs low.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone tried using the 2x2 motorcycle golf rack on a suzuki Burgman 400 ? How about the taillight . Is there a way of getting a replacable taillight in case it hides it

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Has anyone tried using the 2x2 motorcycle golf rack on a suzuki Burgman 400 ? How about the taillight . Is there a way of getting a replacable taillight in case it hides it

I have no idea what a 2X2 motorcycle golf rack is...
the taillights are easy to tap into to add additional
taillights, if the stock taillights are blocked.
Just install a flat 4-pin connector like is used
on a car for small-trailer taillights.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like the looks of that carrier but I could see a ticket coming for covering the license plate, even on a scooter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts