Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals wingriderz here :cool:

I joined yesterday and said hey , been lurking for a while .

I need to sell my 2006 Goldwing (bought new ) before I can pull trigger on

650. I cant wait ;) Its mint has less than 42 k many extras . Gold color

pictures sent by my phone 321-298-5631 .

I have it listed at $12.800.

I really want the white 650 , All I need to do is sell Goldie !st.

I will miss her shes is a great ride :angel9:.

It took a while to make up my mind it was between the 650 and silverwing.

It came down to belt issues with wing and color options ( me not a black bike fan)

Even got a new name picked out for white 650 Pearly lol .

Thanks and glad to be her :coffee2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugg Me thought I had Goldie sold :confused:

But the man that really wanted her had a Goldwing already and he want

to keep them . So I did ask him , your wife is ok having two wings ?

He said oh yeah , she said "OH NO !!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Being a Goldwing owner myself I always hate to see anyone sell theirs. But I have to admit that I sure put a lot fewer miles on mine since I bought my 650 Burgman last year. Still my mount of choice for the longer (300 miles or more) rides but for most of my day rides I do enjoy the Burgman more than then Wing. Riding something that is almost as comfortable as my Goldwing is and weighs 300 lbs less has a lot to do with it.

Where you live it is probably a lot easier to sell a motorcycle in the winter than it is where I live. But I still enjoy winter rides. If the roads were dry (c'mon, sun!) I would be out right now. Oh well. Take a nap and see what happens.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Sir there will be tears when Goldie gone.
Only reason is I have a real bad hip issue .
Wings are awesome no doubt :D
I know I will do well with a burgman

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah, while I am not sorry that I bought my Wing I will be the first to admit that it is a specialized machine. Made to cover lots of ground in max comfort. And, of course, this is does really really well.

BUT, that is not how I ride most of the time which is why I still have other bikes to ride when not on the Wing. A trip to the hardware store or Albertson's is not the Goldwing's forte. Not unless it is a few states over anyway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your PC 800 in your signature is a great Bike and one of kind too

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes it is. Thank you. Come June I will have owned the bike for 20 years. Way WAY longer than I have ever owned any other machine. Has an bit of an oil leak that the mechanic says would cost $1000 to fix because it would entail pulling the engine and splitting the cases. And if he was to do that might as well put new rings in it and possible a valve cleanup. Ah, no biggie. I put a piece of cardboard under it if I leave it parked for a while.

But it might sit for a month now and then but if the battery is up I pull out the choke and crank it for a few seconds and she is running. In a minute or two I pull off and re-live some of the enjoyment that machine has given me for the last almost 20 years. You know, I put 70,000+ miles on the bike the first 5 years that I owned it. Then came a BMW R1100RT and a couple of KLR 650's and then the Goldwing and the Burgman so no, it sure don't get ridden like it used to but when it does get ridden I fall in love with it all over again. Sounds corny but that's the truth. One of the great ones the PC is. Best of all still looks really good too. Not showroom new but certainly not two decades old with 94,000 miles on it either.

I imagine that it be sold someday. But it will be my widow that sells it- not me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Praying many more miles on your clock and Your PC. TOO.:D
One in Goldwing club had one and its an awesome looking bike .
Shame Honda dropped it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts