Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving for Thailand for the month of Sept. I will be renting a scoot there. The largest one I can find is the Honda Forza 300. Does anybody know anything about these scoots. I wish I could take the Brug 650 there but it is still too new to import with a 100% tax. Needs to be at least 2 years old with my wife's name on it also. I will be renting it in Bangkok (not a good idea) because it is the only place I can find one. I checked with many other companies and they have larger 650 and 250 bikes. Not looking foward to sitting on a klx small seat for long travel. I will be spending most of my time up north, and north east with the wifes family. For me getting out of Bangkok is my greatest concern. Does any one have any input on the 300 and has any one on the fourm traveled the Thai roads. I have been there many times and rented the little 135cc scoots for local travel but never been on the open road with one. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
A couple of riders over on MaxiScoots ride a Forza 300.
They seem to be very happy with their choice of rides.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I head over to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam every 12 months or so for a holiday and always rent a scooter to get around on. Best big bike is the locally manufactured Kawasaki Versys, but it really is too big and fast for most of the local roads.

I'd stick with a Wave, or similar. I find them more than powerful enough to travel the depth and breadth of the country two up. As for getting in and out of Bangkok, just carry a GPS and take local back roads rather than the freeways.

Have fun. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, after some research and trying to make reservations, I have found you are right. I do not want to leave my passport with someone, I will leave a copy. With the big bikes they want to keep it until you return. I will just fly up north and rent a bike there. I think the new Honda 150 would work for up north travel. What gps do you use, Will my i phone do. Again thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
GPS, I use a combination of a Garmin Nuvi and a couple of Android apps on my Galaxy phone. It is very easy to download free maps to either device and they work surprisingly well.

The Honda 150 Spacy is a great bike, as is the CBR150 - I rode one of those around the golden triangle 4 months ago.

My next trip is to the Philippines in October - wife and I will probably rent a Yamaha Mio and spend 2 weeks travelling the backroads around Luzon Island. We share the same concern about leaving passports as deposit for the bike - with small bikes they will forego that requirement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Garry for the info. One of the first trips on the 650 when I get it over there is to tour your great country, again thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
A few of us went on a 250 mile round trip for breakfast. One man had a Honda Forza 300 one man had a Majesty one Burgman 650 and three Silverwings. The man on the Forza was beat by about 150 miles. The wind from the short windshield and the lack of room to stretch out just wore him out. He likes his Forza on all of our local rides,(100 miles or less) but I don't think he will take it on our longer rides.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't know about the Forza but my previous bike was a Kymco 300 58hp it has good power and reliable. Gets about 65mpg. I cruised with it about 65-70mph. Forza is the competition but has less HP.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Joe you're right about Kymco making a quality scooter. Our local scooter club rode up to Georgia and one man had a Kymco 250. We rode at speeds up to 85-90 MPH(mostly going only 50-60 MPH) and he kept up with us with no problems at all. We are lucky that we have a well established dealer here in town. Kymco's only problem is their dealer network does not have the best coverage and that is a shame. Regarding the Forza, I think once the aftermarket companies starts making accessories for them they will be a great scooter. If the man I was referring to in my above post had a taller windshield and a backrest he would not have gotten so tired and beaten up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts