Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if there would be anything "bad" about using a 400 to tour the US. I'm sort of planning a scoot around various states this summer...

Thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Watch your weight

Just make sure not to exceed the weight carrying limit, especially if your riding 2-up.

Have a great time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I rode from northern utah to southern az last summer on a honda reflex and had to use freeway part of the trip. I am not sure what the top speed on the burgman 400 is, but unless it will keep up with traffic, you may have a problem.Several times cars tailgated for various periods of time unless my wife was right behind me in the car. Suggest a route away from freeways, if possible.

injun

·
Registered
793 Posts
My 400K3 is above 300 miles now. I took it out on I-10 last week.

It has usable reserve torque at 65-75mph and it could still accelerate away from flanking gawkers that assumed I was there just for a show.

If I lean back on the drivers backrest, the wind noise below 85 is nearly non-existant.

While braking-in the 400 below 55mph, the RPM's swung quite freely from
1500 to 4800.
Once the 400 was cranked above 70mph on the interstate though, the RPM's settled back
down below 6,000.
I'm anticipating 200+ miles of range per each 3.5 gallon tank while touring in a few weeks. I'll let you folks know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Watch your weight

Great, thanks for your replies!

SCOOTNVA said:
Just make sure not to exceed the weight carrying limit, especially if your riding 2-up.

Have a great time.
It's just going to be me alone on the road. I'm a romantic so it'll be especially great. 8) I'll probably only pack a small change of clothes, some toiletries and a couple maps. I don't think my stuff will be too heavy!

I plan to keep a photojournal (I have a digital camera) and I'll let you guys know when it's up on my site once I've returned. But what am I saying, I don't even HAVE a 400 yet! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts