Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever notice no one gives you any REAL worthwhile glove info , you can read a million reviews and get little if any real info . Except our gloves are great and order them here LOL . I don’t need
results from a 5 minute freezer test or a 5 minute in a bucket of ice test . Since the roads suck and the outside temps are never the same , I decided to do a little test of my own on some new gloves I just bought from Cabelas I did the test for 15 minutes under the most controlled conditions I could here at home . When the roads get better I’ll do some real world testing . All that said at this point I am impressed with these down filled gloves , but I won’t know for sure until I can get out on the road .

The following is my results .

THeReaper!

Cabela 650 Down filled glove and mitten test . Note , gloves and mittens same brand and model .

Temps gathered using Ratek infrared thermometer on Fahrenheit measurement .

Test lasted 15 minutes each , right hand in front of fan to simulate a real wind chill ride .

Test taken in garage @ 28 degrees with Vornado Fan .

First test gloves , starting temps , glove temp 70 degrees , hand temps 76 degrees .

Conclusion , after 15 minutes right hand temp 80 degrees , left hand 82 degrees . A gain of 4 degrees on right (fan) hand and 6 degrees on left .

Since I knew the mittens would be slightly better I skipped the NO heat pack test . I went right to testing the mittens with Hot hands heat packs .
Mitten temps at start of test both 66 degrees , hands 80 degrees (still warm from glove test) .

Started test when heat packs heated up to 80 degrees .

Conclusion , after 15 minutes right (fan hand) 92 degrees , left hand 94 degrees .

Note that 20 minutes ATTER the mitten test I pulled the heat packs out of the mittens and checked the temps . a surprising 132 degrees . After 35 minutes (in the mitten) another surprising 152 degrees . Trapped in the bottom of the mittens they can build a lot of heat . This is a good thing :D

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
152 degrees? If my glove were that hot, I would be pulling over and taking the heat packs out. Did you find any air leaks by the way? Are these gloves supposed to be waterproof?

Also, couldn't find any Cabella's 650 down filled gloves on their website.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
152 degrees? If my glove were that hot, I would be pulling over and taking the heat packs out. Did you find any air leaks by the way? Are these gloves supposed to be waterproof?

Also, couldn't find any Cabella's 650 down filled gloves on their website.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
They were half price a few weeks ago and they sold out in a few days . Waterproof ? Don't know , they were $70 a pair retail so I got the gloves and the mittens half price @ $35 each . I wish now I would have bought several pairs of each . No leaks as yet . The gloves are warm by themselves , but the mittens with the heat packs are HOT !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts