Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st experence with GIVI was on a 400, I'm 6'2" I rode with the stock unit about 3 months and the bug line was at my upper lip requiring me to use a face shield. I heard about GIVI on other sites June of 2003 and decided to try it. I noticed a vast improvement. Some flexing but not too bad. The bug line moved up about 3" from my upper lip to just on my helmet. I noticed more noises than I was used to due to it being less turbulant, I no longer need the face shield. Hand protection is very good, maybe too good in summer. I am very happy with the purchase and have never regretted it.
Cost was $117.00 and took 1 week to get.
Installation was easy.

Intrestingly I had to tell the dealer about GIVI, he was complaining about the shield on his 650 and didn't know and aftermarket was available untill I told him I wanted to order one for the 400. I told him there was one also available for the 650. I think really happy he threw me the keys to his 650 and said "try this you will love it" , 1 month later I traded in the 400 for a 650 The 1st thing I did was order a new GIVI Windshield. Again a vast improvement, less flexing than on the 400.
Cost was $117.00 and took 8 days to get.
Installation was ok, but a little more cumbersome due to the rubber grommets not coming out as easy as on the 400.

After doing some seat work I sat about 1/2" higher I hade noticed the bug line moved down to just above my eyes. A taller would be better for me but only by 1" or so.

Rating this product would be a 9

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.