Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member of our CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Association) had his 400 at a function last night. When he bought it, it had the silver plastic wind guards for the grips (I don't know what they are called, but they look like cups). He wanted a givi winshield but noticed he had to trim it down to keep the covers from hitting the windshield.

Does anyone know if I will run into that problems on a 650. I purchased a 650 that should arrive next week, and it already has the givi windshield on it. I've seen several different types of wind protectors, but really had liked what my friend had as mentioned above. Other wind protectors appeared to slip over the entire grip, thus covering the controls.

Any reply appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Wind protectors are not really needed on the 650. I have a GIVI, and with the mirrors, being lower, I can ride to 40 degrees with no problems with the cold on my hands, by just wearing thin leather insulated gloves.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The GIVI screen on the 650 covers your hands so there is no need for anyother type of cover.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ditto the others.

I've got the Clearview XXL, and I've ridden with the Givi. Very little wind on the hands with either.

Steve

Oh, and congrats on your purchase. You're gonna love it! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Tell your friend, the same is true on the 400 and the GIVI w/s. The GIVI w/s gives you plenty of wind protection for your hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts