Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this subject has been done to death, but I add my solution to this little problem. NOTE: the bag will stay put without any fixings, but this helps in a tumble or as a theft deterent in a quick snatch. The clips are simply fixed, one on each side on with a black-headed self-tapper screw. They leave only a very small hole which is easily filled with black epoxy if you come to sell the bike at a later date. (My Givi bag has 4 fixing straps but I think only 2 are needed).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I used 2 snaps on mine, and screwed on a very small eye on top by my parking bag for a very small clasp from the bag to hook to. Unfortunately the top attachment point is hidden behind my bar end in this picture, but I can take more if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mike, does that bag say, "Bergman"?

A tunnel bag is definitely something I will want, but I did not see them listed at the giviusa.com site. (Maybe they no longer sell it?)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes, it says "Burgman" in red. I forgot what kind it is, and where I got it, but it's fairly common though.
It's pictured on my 400 FYI.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...and here's a pix of the bag in situ. (Sorry it's a bit blurred but I don't have much room for taking photographs).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Closer pic. This one shows the small clasp I use, while the mating end on the bike is just a very small paddle lock piece I got at a hardware store and threw the hinged part out.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used 2 snaps on mine, and screwed on a very small eye on top by my parking bag for a very small clasp from the bag to hook to. Unfortunately the top attachment point is hidden behind my bar end in this picture, but I can take more if anyone is interested.
As a matter of interest, what is the yellow (knob?) for?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Methinks that is a reflector.:p

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
BTW these are all good solutions - I have a different one that does no damage.
No pictures - sorry.
Using the same plastic fittings/chippy things - I have a strap that hangs down either side of the nose of the seat, it is threaded underneath the seat close up to and yon side of the hinge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts