Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks;
I notice a lot of you have the GIVI trunks on your scoots. Is the trunk mounted directly to the scoot or do you use the GIVI mounting rack which makes the trunk easily removable?
Thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is an easy one. I have the monokey E52NF. It attaches to the E529 rack for easy on and off.

Eddie

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edwljoseph said:
This is an easy one. I have the monokey E52NF. It attaches to the E529 rack for easy on and off.

Eddie
Hi Eddie, thanks for the reply.
So the rack (E529) attaches directly to the scoot. Did you have to drill new holes or do the marked ones match up?

·
Registered
409 Posts
The E529 rack has three bolts which line up with the predrilled and tapped holes under the top plastic cover. The hole size is 5/8 inch going through the plastic.

It is not hard to do. GIVI's instructions leave a lot to be desired but the pictures are ok and with a little common sense, it is an easy job.

GIVI products are of very good quality.

Eddie

·
Registered
48 Posts
when you take off the body panel to get to the three mounting holes that you will be using ,just turn the body panel over and look on the inside , you will see three round circles with a cross in them ,suzuki was smart enough to premark the body part for drilling . that takes all the guess work and worry out of screwing up the body work

·
Registered
409 Posts
There is a little trick to taking off the rear upper cover. You have to undo the bottom cover first in order to reach the release pins. If you don't, you will be frustrated or break the plastic. This is for the 650

Eddie

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Eddie and Doug. The dealer told me there wasn't a mounting rack available(??) Thats why I was asking. Appreciate you input. Now I have a number to show him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts