Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a givi topcase on their Burgman 400 yet? I'd be very interested in seeing how the 400 looks with the case installed. I just noticed one listed on ebay that has pictures of the E33N case and SR115M mount. First time I've seen how the mount actually looks since givi doesn't have pics on their site for it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bleeders pics "not sure" and "could be anything" are 400's (I'm pretty sure).
The trunk does sit up a bit so that the lid can be opened. It also sticks out quite a bit off the back of the scoot since the mount is a black plastic/nylon plate that is attached to the back rest. This allows the Givi box to come off easily for traveling. However, the "could be anything" pic seems to have a diff mount..looks like chrome bars underneath.

They make a 30 litre box that is fairly inexpensive (compared to some) but it is only rated at 6.6 lbs carrying weight. Its the E30 model and can be had for under $95 black, or $139 with silver lid. Mounting plate is about $95. Prices are rough based on what I remember being told when I was down in Charlotte last week. They said it takes about 2 hours to mount it...otherwise I would have had one put on. Now, I'm not sure why I need one! :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I am really tempted to go for the Givi E52.

It is a big box and I have wondered if I really need it too. However my rational is this:

1. Sometimes it is inconvenient to keep opening the seat.
2. It would be useful for those shopping trips where you buy dairy/frozen stuff - my underseat trunk gets fair warm.
3. It is quickly detachable from its mount (with the key!), so I need not keep it on the bike all the time.
4. It is a breeze (by all accounts to install).
5. With the additional brake light option - improves safety from a road presence point of view.

The only downside is the considerable expense, they often pop un ebay and I have tracked a few but the **** fools over here bid retail (and more when you consider shipping). :roll: However that could be a good thing I suppose because if I want to dispose of it in the future I might make a wee profit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Ted. Not sure why I need the space yet either. Right now I'm just wondering what a Givi box would do to the lines of the 400.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts