Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the GIVI topbox installed (by my son). The idea of me drilling into the plastic caused fantasies of too many "practice holes", wandering drill bits, etc. I opted for the black box with silver trim which I think looks nice on the silver bike. I went with the box that has the tail/brake lights option. The easy on easy off feature is preserved by ingenious contact plates on the box and on the rack so that there is nothing to unplug or to remember to plug back in when moving the topbox. Plus, the wiring is tied into the brake light flasher so that first the brake lights flash, then the topbox lights flash, then back to the brakelights, etc. Makes quite a spectacle (which is the whole point, I guess, when you want to wake up the dozing driver behind that you are decelerating.) All in all I am very satisfied.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Previous to the GIVI installation I had installed a brake light flasher module on the brake lights. The GIVI brake wires were tied into that. First the stock brake lights flash several times, then go solid as the top lights on the box flash, then go solid and the process is reversed as the bottom brake lights flash, etc. The flashing lights start low on the bike, then move high on the box then return to lower lights, then to the high lights on the box. Pretty noticeable!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts