Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the GIVI topbox installed (by my son). The idea of me drilling into the plastic caused fantasies of too many "practice holes", wandering drill bits, etc. I opted for the black box with silver trim which I think looks nice on the silver bike. I went with the box that has the tail/brake lights option. The easy on easy off feature is preserved by ingenious contact plates on the box and on the rack so that there is nothing to unplug or to remember to plug back in when moving the topbox. Plus, the wiring is tied into the brake light flasher so that first the brake lights flash, then the topbox lights flash, then back to the brakelights, etc. Makes quite a spectacle (which is the whole point, I guess, when you want to wake up the dozing driver behind that you are decelerating.) All in all I am very satisfied.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Givi Brake light

Hi M8
I have fitted the Givi top box and the brake light kit from Givi but I am unsure about this option were the brakes come on at different times on the Burgy and then on the topbox and so on.
Can you please explain to me what you mean.
many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous to the GIVI installation I had installed a brake light flasher module on the brake lights. The GIVI brake wires were tied into that. First the stock brake lights flash several times, then go solid as the top lights on the box flash, then go solid and the process is reversed as the bottom brake lights flash, etc. The flashing lights start low on the bike, then move high on the box then return to lower lights, then to the high lights on the box. Pretty noticeable!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Top Box

Wow..yesterday I installed my E-52 on the Burgy... I too got the flat black box ..but no lights. What model if Givi box did you get ?
It wasn't too intimadating dilling holes in the plastic. If the hole was too tight I just put a tappered grindstone on the drill and made it bigger... that way it stayed centered. today I'm working on mounts for the saddle bags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How hard is the installation for the topcase mount on the 650. Are the instructions good and how much drilling and part removal is required. Iam purchasing a Give Monokey mount and an E460 case. Just wondered how hard it will be to install.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the e529 mount is realitively simple if u are at least semi-mechanically inclined. the instructions are not all that great but good enough to put 2 and 2 together. only drilling 3 holes on the center frame cover is required and the marks for the drilling are under the cover. the tricky part for me was trying to fit my fingers under the top plastic part to get the lock nuts started. other than that its not that difficult. i have the e52 maxia painted burgman blue box with the brake lights, back rest, top luggage rack, and inner liner on mine. if u get any of the extra bolt on options make sure to measure the template distances as i found one of mine to be off 2mm and once the holes are drilled if it doesnt line up ur screwed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info. It doesn't sound to hard. So far I perform all the general maintennance and have on most of the bikes I've had. Sometimes i'm just awkward enough to screw up though. Haven't revieved the parts yet but with your input I should manage.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I put on the E52NF two weeks ago. Directions leave a lot to be desired but looking at the pictures and common sense will overcome. I chose the E52NF because it had the brakelight kit already installed and power was automatically connected when the case was put on the rack.

This is Lonnie's web page for the installation of the backrest. Same format as the E529 rack. A 5/8 inch drill bit is neccessary.

http://www.geocities.com/burgman_scoot/ ... krest.html

There is one mistake on Lonnie's page. You have to take off the rear lower body panel first and then pull the two plugs in order to pull the top cover.

Wiring is easy. Remember, black wire white stripe is the ground, white wire black strip is power for brake light. Ignore gray wire as it is for tail lights.

The case is of excellent quality.

Eddie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts