Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the inpression that to use the Givi topcase E52 on the 400 with the the givi mount made for the 400 that you would have to remove the backrest and if you wanted to leave to factory backrest on you would have to buy the Suzuki luggage rack and buy the universal mount for luggage racks from givi to mount the E52. But I called Givi and they told me that with thier mount for the 400 (SR115) that you could leave the factory backrest on. Is this true?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'd seen one of the forums members 400 wth the Givi case installed while leaving the factory backrest in place. However, he had the Givi case installed by a dealer and there were 2 holes drilled into the back of the backrest for the brackets of the Givi mouning hardware. From looking at the mounting hardware, I'd guess drilling the holes into the backrest was required in order to use the Givi mounting system.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've got a Givi system and it uses the existing backrest to mount the case carrier. It's really slick. The hardest part is cutting the two 1 inch holes in the black plastic cover (For the rack spacers). Some guys just leave the cover off but I did a careful job on mine and it is very nice. Suzuki couldn't have made it any better.

Thanx,
Russ

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered the GIVI Box and the AN400 mounting system separately. I discarded the mounting system that came with the GIVI box. With the SR115 mounting system, the back rest stays. I did the work myself and it worked out well. The instructions were a little vague. but I was able to decode and install the mount.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you did not remove the backrest would the Givi Top Case stick out further from the scoot as opposed to removing the backrest?

·
Registered
14 Posts
GIVI Backrest..

GIVI installed mine on my 400 at Daytona.. kept the backrest.. nice ! The bag is great. but get the lightset... if you decide to install it yourself.. just take your time.. it will work out...! My husband was impressed that I did it myself!
The bag is easy to ride with... even when loaded... and makes great suitcase to go into motels with!

I now have 13, 000 miles on my Burg and original tires.it is only a year and 1/2 old ! ..I love this bike
Happy Riding... Susi :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Suzi, which Givi did you get the V46; E52. What color B do you have. Can yours hold two helmets? I have 380 miles on my "silver queen" and absolutely love the thing. I will not be able to ride for a while due to the rain and cold :cry:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well after all these questions re: Givi Cases I finally bit the bullet and ordered an E350. The case is really just for a single helmet. I will never do 2 up riding and I can't stand the corbin seat smacking my helmet everytime I close the seat. The Givi guy thought that the smaller trunk looked aesthically better that either the E52 or V46. Having never seen either up close and personal I took his word and went for the E350. I hope I won't be sorry.

I thought if I ever need more room than I can always go with scoot bags. But I don't think that will happen.

I now have 1015 miles on my scoot.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evelyn said:
. The Givi guy thought that the smaller trunk looked aesthically better that either the E52 or V46. Having never seen either up close and personal I took his word and went for the E350. I hope I won't be sorry.

I thought if I ever need more room than I can always go with scoot bags. But I don't think that will happen.

I now have 1015 miles on my scoot.
Hi Evelyn
I think that the E35 will "look" better on the scoot but I would prefer the extra room of the E52. Of course we sometimes ride two up and I really don't like putting the helmets under the seat. I would prefer to have the E52 Givi to put both of our helmets in and leave the under the seat storage for other things but I havn't been able to order it yet.
I think you made the right choice for you and it will look great too.
It probably won't effect your gas milage as much either.
You go girl, Steve

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for your words of encouragement Steve. I'll let everyone know how it looks and operates. Hopefully better than the Corbin. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts