Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Givi V46 silver top box using the SR115 Givi mount. I thought that the large V46 box might be a bit large for the little Burgman but it looks great. The Burgman is wide enough that the box doesn't look out of place. Installation was easy for me but the trimming of the Suzuki plastic pieces may be difficult for some. I used a hole saw and the whole job took less than an hour.
The quality of the Givi pieces is first rate and the silver color was a good match, I'm completely satisfied.

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Russ did you take the panel off to drill or do it in situ?

Any pics?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NormB,

Yeah, you have to take the covers off to cut the holes in them. That's the hardest part of the installation, cutting the holes. I was familiar with how all the pieces come apart but you'll need the service manual to help guide you along. I used a hole saw and cleaned up the edges with a razor blade knife. If you are all thumbs it isn't going to be easy but the box and brackets hide most of the handy work anyway. The covers are molded with lines to help locate where to drill and cut, it took me less than a half hour to cut and trim the two covers. (It took me longer to find my drill motor!)

Thanx
Russ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Givi Installation

Just out of curiosity, anyone know of any places that install Givi cases and the like ? Not that I can do it right now, but...... I'm one of those all thumbs people.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Most any motorcycle dealer will .... for a fist full of cash. :p

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Russ Schaeffer said:
NormB,

Yeah, you have to take the covers off to cut the holes in them. That's the hardest part of the installation, cutting the holes. I was familiar with how all the pieces come apart but you'll need the service manual to help guide you along. I used a hole saw and cleaned up the edges with a razor blade knife. If you are all thumbs it isn't going to be easy but the box and brackets hide most of the handy work anyway. The covers are molded with lines to help locate where to drill and cut, it took me less than a half hour to cut and trim the two covers. (It took me longer to find my drill motor!)

Thanx
Russ
Hi Russ

I agree with you the service manual is pretty essential to the art of tupperware oragami. Having stripped the bike naked a couple of times now, I am almost at Formula 1 standard (well not quite).

I asked about the drilling because I did not know if Givi supplied a template to allow you to determine the position of the holes , from the outside so to speak, this avoiding the oragami. I did note the moulded 'hole positions' on the inside when I had the panel off.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Av8rgal, if you want to ride to Charlotte, N.C. the GIVI distributor there will install them for free. Nat a bad ride from Atlanta. Call them ahead of time and make an appointdment. Takes about 1 1/2 hr, more if you want a light installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts