Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that even tho I lock my lid on my givi top box, maybe the bumps or something "unlocks" it because it opens when I am riding. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was wondering the same thing....I have an E55 (the remote on the key has never worked)..but I have to push the lid down while I push the area below that to close it.. The owners manual taught me that there was no point in slamming it shut..

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I press mine from top and bottom to latch it, I usually do not lock it, but it has not popped open.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
What model of GIVI topbox do you have. My wife's is the E460 and it has to have the bottom and top around the key held down to really lock it. You can turn the key and think it is locked but the bottom part below the key is flipped out and it isn't really locked. The top of the box will be shut but will flip up some every time you hit a bump. JC

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the v46 monokey box. What is the proper way to make sure my lid does not pop open on it?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The lid must be properly closed, they can sit a little open you sometimes have to flex them
a little to get the lid all the way down, then you lift the locking handle with your fingers
and press the top of it that's under the lip in with your thumb, and press down on the locking
handle and lock it, I suspect you are not getting the top bit hooked over the bit of the lid
it clamps down on to lock the lid, it sounds complicated but is a natural thing once you do
it a time or two.

·
Registered
590 Posts
tomfelock said:
I have the v46 monokey box. What is the proper way to make sure my lid does not pop open on it?
The key has to be in the unlock position - turned to the right and horizontal.
I had a 'problem' with my V46 when new. Many times when pressing the 'lock' tab it would not latch tho' it appeared to be. The key could be turned to the lock position, but the latch mechanism was not engaged.
Many times I had to open the lid, reset the latch to fully open, and try again.

It took a while to find the appropriate pressure and direction to press on the latch to get it to lock properly.
Now that I've used the top case many times, it latches first time, every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts