Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted some pictures in the gallery that when used in conjunction with the Givi Instructions will help you install a top box mount. These can also be partially used to install Suzuki accessories like the luggage rack and pillion back rest.
I'll post separate pics and procedures on doing the brake light option on the Givi E52 when I get a chance.
Hope these help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
46 vs 52

Silver,

What made you decide on the 52 rather than a 46? I'm still trying to decide.

Did you get yours through AZMotorsports?

Al

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I don't know about SilverBurgie, but I bought the E52 because AZ Motorsports has a special on it that includes the brake light kit at a great price. The brake light option is also better on the E52 - and it has more room in it.

I had a E46 on my Kawasaki Concours, with the optional brake light. It was also a good case. But the single brake light was smaller than the dual lights on the E52, and it had a wire that you had to unplug when you removed the case. The E52 has a slick wireless contact between the rack and the trunk, so there is nothing to plug/unplug when you remove it and put it back on. Much more convenient.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pauljo said:
I don't know about SilverBurgie, but I bought the E52 because AZ Motorsports has a special on it that includes the brake light kit at a great price. The brake light option is also better on the E52 - and it has more room in it.

I had a E46 on my Kawasaki Concours, with the optional brake light. It was also a good case. But the single brake light was smaller than the dual lights on the E52, and it had a wire that you had to unplug when you removed the case. The E52 has a slick wireless contact between the rack and the trunk, so there is nothing to plug/unplug when you remove it and put it back on. Much more convenient.
Ditto on why I got the E52. Except since I wanted a colored one, I had to order the light kit separately. The one with the light already installed is the black unpainted one. I wrote a review on the E-52 in the "Official Reviews" section of this forum. I thought I was logged in when I posted it. I wasn't so it was posted as a "guest". Therefore, I don't think I can edit it to add content or correct my typo errors. So please bear with me on those :oops: .

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks for the great pics of the install. Looks pretty simple. Definetley a must have for me down the road. 8)

·
Registered
368 Posts
e-52 is also not as tall as the 46. In an issue if you don't want the case sticking up so high. Granted were taking mabybe an inch or so.

I'm still trying to determine the least expensive place to get the silver e-52 with stop light, mount for the 650, and rack.

Any ideas?

Cheapest I've seen from http://www.Sporttour.com is:

10291 Givi E96G Top Case Rack (grey) for Maxia E52 1 $56.24
10108 Givi Maxia E52 Color Matched for `03 ST1300 (Anthracite Metal G751) 1 $287.41
10114 Givi E97 Stoplight for Maxia E52 42.91
total: $386.56
I dont have the price for the mount yet.

Anyone have anything better?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts