Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the camera out and there in the gallery Chopped screen, radio and muffs. When I cut the screen I used a nice fine blade in the jigsaw started nice and slow with masking tape to stop any scratches. When I got to the straight section I went full speed, got to the end and waited for it to drop off, did it hell, it had welded itself back on. Too higher speed and it melts the bloody thing, do it slow. I had to cut it again not quite so straight second time around.
The radio was installed with a permanent feed off the battery, the main power wire was fed off one of the fuse holders and a hole drilled in the back of the glovebox to feed the power/speaker/aerial wires through, a dob of silicon filled the hole. The aerial wire was fed up behind the screen and out to the edge then tucked under the screen edging about 3 feet can be hidden that way and the reception on FM is good. I just connected a wire to the center conductor of the coax plug. With the Givi screen I need to hide the wire from the dash to the edge as it is a longer span. I will use clear wire and waterproof sellotape. The speaker wires I connected the stereo feed out of the radio fed them up under the dash and onto the handelbars, there I cable tied a 3.5 jack so I could connect my helmet headphones which would disconnect in an emergency and every time I forget. I could have mounter the jack on one of the pocket lids but I did not want to drill the visable areas. I have got an Autocom set in my helmet and I just connected the headphone lead to the din plug on the helmet. That way I can just replace the helmet to jack lead if it breaks, but so far its been on nearly a year. :lol: :brave:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Nice pics Phil.

I take it this is proof of concept for the muffs, surely not Givi + muffs quite yet?

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Looks good Phil. What kind of screen edging are you using?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The screen edge came off the taller Vstrom screen, that came off pretty smart as it caught the sunlight and looked like a neon tube across the top. It goes on the Burg screen much better but it needs to be longer, I might try black edging as that is available via one of our accessory companys M&P and then I can hide the aerial wire better which is taped on with black pvc tape almost as elagant as the muffs, but it works.
Norman, who says its too soon for the muffs, it was bloody cold this morning 4c outside London!!! Winter gloves and heated grips. And only last night I was sweating getting through the Fox hunters, roll on Summer, now I suppose some one is going to say how nice it is in California, go on make my day.
:hippy2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts