Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing my morning routine...get coffee, get online, check to see if Burgman site is up (and it was this morning woohoo), and checking eBay, ran across a stock 400 windshield with the Luminar Lip attached (a good deal if you want it, $50 bucks for both). Guy said that he didn't like it and bought a GIVI screen. Been wanting to see what this screen looks like and have scoured this site without finding a photo of one on a scoot. Anyone? Anyone? GIVIUSA site kinda sucks....has product listing but no photos.....any help would be appreciated.

:withstupid:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...the lip thing doesn't do it for me, but looks like a good deal should someone want one. Just couldn't find a photo of the GIVI screen....Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
On windscreen replacement...

Tried posting earlier, guess it never took. At least my contribution went through. ;)

I like the Givi screen myself. The back pressure is mostly noticable at 60+MPH.
If you change screens I'd recommend ordering 6 new retaining holders.
They are what holds your windscreen on and they tend to have a 'memory' where the bumps/flaring of the rubber are very difficult to get through the new windscreen and frame holes. They are tubeular rubber with a captice nut in them and a grommet face so the screw does not scratch/wear on the windscreen. As the screw pulls the captive nut towards the outter face of the windscreen the rubber 'bunches' up behind the frame-hole/windscreen creating a flared washer effect which holds the screen in place. I did not order new ones and thought I was done for and would not be able to put new Givi screen on OR old one (with laminar lip) back on.
TIP: Using a thin shaft phillips screwdriver as a pushrod (with the tip of the driver in the rubber and pressing the captive nut) I was able to stretch the (memorized) rubber bumps through both the windscreen and frame holes. Note that some of the screws are longer than others so use the longer ones where they are neeeded.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Just remember when the rubber grommets do wear out ...........Suzuki gets upwards of 3 dollars each.
Your local HD dealer sells the same item for 99 cents...but also get the bolts with them..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey billmeek! I was looking at the photo you provided of the three types of windshields. Who's the lucky person who owns that Type S?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a price quote on the Givi 400 Screen. $151.00 that includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48...is this a good price or do I need to keep looking?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Not bad... I caught mine on sale for a bit less than they offer it now. Now the Givi D258ST for the Suzuki Burgman 400 is $126.54 + $11.75 shipping at :
http://www.cyclesaddles.com/home/Access ... creens.htm The price was $111.14 + $10.75 shipping for a total of $121.89 back in March.

·
Registered
39 Posts
pics of Type S

Lucky Roy! Isn't the Type S a beauty? Looks like you've removed both the "Burgman" badges from the sides, though. Just didn't like 'em?

My Type S currently has only one of the "Burgman Type S" badges, on the right side. The guys who ordered the tupperware expected all the decals/badges to be on the pieces already, but apparently that wasn't the case. On order are the badge for the other side, the Suzuki "S" for the front, and the "Suzuki" decal for the backend. The shop manager thought the bike looked better without them, but he ordered them for me anyway so that I could make up my own mind. I've decided to leave the "Burgman Type S" badge off the left side because it looks so nice and clean (and RED!) without it, but I do think I want to put the little "S" back on the front. And I might leave the "Suzuki" decal off the backend as well.

Hair challenged! You guys...!

billmeek, thanks for pointing me to the extra pics! And are the two blue babies also 400s? I'm assuming so, since one of them must be yours and they both look alike. The 650s don't have the bigger headlight/turn signal combo, right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks once again Bill! A better price (knew I should have just asked)..ordering in the a.m.

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: pics of Type S

Patty said:
And are the two blue babies also 400s?
Yep. Mines the center bike with the Givi shield. The mirrors are also an easy giveaway that all 3 are 400s. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Patty, I like the side panels without the name tags. It looks cleaner to me. I considered putting one of the "S" name tags on the rear center panel under the Suzuki decal. I still have them and may put it on one day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts