Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first Burgman. I bought a 2007 400 all stock. My one complaint is that I sit about 4 inches higher than the stock windshield. I was looking into the givi windshields and they offer two that I can find for my year. The price difference is pretty major. I was looking for opinions if any one has ridden with both to give me some feedback if the air flow set up is worth the price jump over the screen blade.

http://giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/suzuki/burgman-400-07-13

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
more expensive but worth the money, go for the airflow, it's "the solution" for buffeting and when its hot, you get it down and voilá. more wind comes. when it is all the way down it's about 2 inches higher than the stock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I second the Airflow. Just got mine. BMW just added adjustable height windscreens to their scoots- the Burgman 650 Executive has adjustable height screen too... must be something to it- yep it's more- I don't regret it at all and should have made this decision a year ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you convinced me, I ordered mine a couple days ago I will have it in tomorrow. Probably prep for install tonight and slap it on tomorrow when it comes by FedEx. I will be sure to post how it goes. I have been studying people's tutorials so hopefully it will a run smooth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just installed the AirFlow it went pretty smooth. I was a little intimidated for the install by reading everyones comments on installing it. Seems like everyone was confused on one part or another but just look at the diagram that it comes with and its pretty self explanatory. Took it for a test ride, still allows a lot of wind on you while ridings but without the buffeting. I rode before with the Givi screen blade and it allowed a lot less wind on the rider. If you want the least amount of wind on you I suggest the Screen blade. If you live somewhere where its always hot like in Florida where I live and you want some wind on you while riding I say the Air Flow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I found the install to be pretty easy. I followed some video I found on the net and it just fell into place. I have the AF 266. So farI have kept it in the down position. Maybe when it gets colder I will try it in the up position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to gain a bit of learning from an older post. Wind noise and buffeting on B400 with stock windshield seems to be greater than what I experienced on a Reflex with a Givi windshield. Considering a change. I looked at Givi 266DT screen blade and the AF266 airflow. Photos look like the width dimensions in the area of the handlebars are about the same. Does each of them do about the same as they deflect air off your hands?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Trying to gain a bit of learning from an older post. Wind noise and buffeting on B400 with stock windshield seems to be greater than what I experienced on a Reflex with a Givi windshield. Considering a change. I looked at Givi 266DT screen blade and the AF266 airflow. Photos look like the width dimensions in the area of the handlebars are about the same. Does each of them do about the same as they deflect air off your hands?
Yep, they both protect your hands from the wind, so if you have handguards, you will need to remove them.
Also I'm not sure if there is better shield for Burgman than AirFlow. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a question.
I was always told that, when riding, you're looking over the top of the windshield and the shield deflects the air over you.
I'm a short guy and the height of the stock ws is perfect as I just described. If I were to get the taller shield, I would be viewing through it. Is that how most of you are using these ... through the glass.
Ok, one more. The Airflow Adjustable appears as though the movable part and fasteners would obstruct vision; is this so?
Thanks, Gene

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gene - I am also vertically challenged and have no problems with my screen. Typically, I have the top section completely down. I can see above the screen and wind directed over my head. I don't notice the fasteners when riding.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
The Airflow hardware sits very low down out of your eyeline.

The point of the Airflow is not to extend the height of the screen. Instead it creates a "virtual" height increase by manipulating the flow of air.

As the air flows up the screen it gets compressed in the narrowing gap between the screen and the curved blade. Compressing it makes it speed up which creates a vectored flow of air extending beyond the top of the screen.

Splitting off the airflow like this is a trick used in high level racing (Formula 1 etc) to pull off aerodynamic black magic ( often used to refresh boundary layer flow or defeat lift)

The upshot on a Burgman is that you can have a screen that is below your eyeline with the benefit of a taller screen that would be in your eyeline.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Laminar Lip windshield extension for my stock 2008 400. Stopped the buffeting and quieted wind noise way down. I installed it at maximum height position and can either look through it, or if I sit quite straight up, I can look just over it. I usually choose to look through ti. I am 5'9" tall. Really works great for me. Price is decent, shipping, while VERY quick to AZ, is slightly expensive.

·
May have gone but will be missed
2,682 Posts
I look through the top of my 266DT - SCREEN BLADE. This works for me, because there is MORE than AIR to deflect here in Florida. The air has less mass and is easliy deflected. If a big juicy BUG comes flying right over the top of your windscreen, he can plant himself right on your forehead! I ride behind the windscreen with no face shield and I have no problems with wind, rains or bugs. I do not like the suffocation or claustrophobia of being behind a face shield.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
:) I once got a big fat beetle in the forehead at 100 mph'ish in a car with no windscreen.
Messy and more painful than expected

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
:laughing9:

It's a bluebottle (might be called a housefly or blowfly in your part of the world?)

My nickname from flying helicopters -
"Bluebottle: A creature with unsavoury habits. Never flies in a straight line, can land on any surface, sometimes completely inverted"

(I used to zig-zag around testing flight behaviour just off the airfield)

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I got my first one used from a maxi-muppets forum member, They have "for sale" and "wanted" sections and they occasionally come up on there but get snapped up fast. Worth a punt in case someone has one lying around.
http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/index.php

I think that one came from here:
http://www.mandp.co.uk/af266-an400-burgman-04-09-givi-clear-sliding-screen.html

That got totalled and I got my second from a Suzuki dealership in Bolton that was a Givi distributor/agent but has now closed down.

Any Givi dealer should be able to order one for you, getting one to discount the price is a bit trickier :smile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts