Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the givi box with the brake light is more visible to the other drivers than without it. also, does that brake light on the givi work at night as runniing lights when you arent braking? does it take room from the passenger? whats the weight? whats the best price with the brake light and where can i get it? btw this site did shape my decision on buying a 650. thanks...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have a Givi with the lights installed on the back of my 400. In this installation, the brake lights are indeed nice and quite visible, at least at night. In daytime, they are less visible, but I don't see how they can hurt. No, thay are not running lights, and I am told that trying to convert them to such results in the sockets overheating.

On my 400, the original factory backrest is still in place. I cannot comment on the 650.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Buy some LED pods in yellow and red. Replace the existing brake lights with the red LED pods, and add yellow pods for the driving lights. The red LED's that flash would be my preference. You could even add one of the sets that sense deceleration if you have room. The LED's are as bright or brighter than the stock bulbs, and the pods use about 1/20th the electricity and ergo generate less heat.

http://store.tireflysonline.com/motorcy ... opods.html

I have used these electropod LED's on several bikes, and they are much better than any others I've found.

http://brakeflasher.com/

These sense deceleration and flash even without touching the brakes - but they are much bigger than the other ones. I bought a set - but haven't been able to install them because I put my tools and all into storage to sell my house.

Note that the bodywork on the 650 and 400 have unused space in the tailight lensess where you can also add these. The cener panel of the 400 is made to hold a light but does not - and the 650 has sections on either side (the Japanese models have additional bulbs compared to the rest).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Azmotorsports.com has pretty good pricing on the Givi with the brake lights preinstalled. I've heard putting them in yourself is a pain, plus it's cheaper to get the preinstalled lights, atlhough they are only available in matte black.

The box is great, looks great with the bike, and the wiring is pretty simple. THe insturctions are one of those 10 language on a bad photocopy deals, but careful study of the pictures should make things sensible. There are also several threads around here on installing the E52.

·
Registered
31,101 Posts
pgray007 said:
Azmotorsports.com has pretty good pricing on the Givi with the brake lights preinstalled. I've heard putting them in yourself is a pain, plus it's cheaper to get the preinstalled lights, atlhough they are only available in matte black.
I have a Givi E52 box and originally had it mounted on a Suzuki stock luggage rack. I bought the light kit for the Givi and found that I needed to install the Givi mounting rack which contains the contacts for the lights. The whole job was quite easy and the rack and lighting kit cost me CAN$ 138.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts