Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Burgman 650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find side case mounting hardware for my 2011 Burgman 650.
The PL 3104 side case mounting brackets are listed for 2013 and up.
Has anyone tried these on the first generation Burgman? I wonder how big a deal it is to make them fit?
Thanks.
Dana

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I am trying to find side case mounting hardware for my 2011 Burgman 650.
The PL 3104 side case mounting brackets are listed for 2013 and up.
Has anyone tried these on the first generation Burgman? I wonder how big a deal it is to make them fit?
Thanks.
Dana
Just trying to grasp the circumstances in which anybody might be able to answer that question?
Maybe with technical drawings of old and new side by side from manufacturer. Might have better luck getting proper part number you require and doing a proper search for NOS, used or salvage?

·
Registered
2011 Burgman 650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have ordered the Fehling mounts. Problem is they are back ordered and they are not sure when they will be produced again.
Was hoping if the differences were minimal I could do some welding and make them fit then have them power coated.
Wishful thinking!

·
Registered
2011 Burgman 650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have ordered the Fehling mounts. Problem is they are back ordered and they are not sure when they will be produced again.
Was hoping if the differences were minimal I could do some welding and make them fit then have them power coated.
Wishful thinking!
UPDATE:
The Fehling sidecase mounts for my 2011 650 shipped 2 weeks ago. As far as I can tell they are still stuck in “customs hell”.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
UPDATE:
The Fehling sidecase mounts for my 2011 650 shipped 2 weeks ago. As far as I can tell they are still stuck in “customs hell”.

“I could do some welding and make them fit then have them power coated.”
When you do get them could you Chinese Reverse Engineer a pair for me and another 10 people ?

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
First thing is

Did they make a shipping label before they actually had the parts made and really shipped?

US Customs can wait for a week before a cargo container is opened so things sit and do not move. This is not the fault of the Post Office UPS or FEDEX so much as trying to get government employees to work faster. But this part of the post will get political so I must stop.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
678 Posts
Did they make a shipping label before they actually had the parts made and really shipped?
Dave , they didn't invoice me until dispatch note and courier reference number, with tracking, was available.
They took NO money until I was able to start tracking the package.
Seemed spot-on to me.

Edit
The parts took only 30 hours to reach UK port (Hull), then 4 days to reach me, 65miles away.

·
Registered
2011 Burgman 650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got invoiced and charged when they were shipped via DHL. The latest tracking translation ( German ) said the items were in the USA in customs. I remember ordering a topbox from Germany in the middle of 2020. Got to the US quickly but took almost 3 months to clear customs. Just a sign of the times.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks Bluebottle not sure how that happened, try this.

·
Registered
2011 Burgman 650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Bluebottle not sure how that happened, try this.

I had thoughts of buying the mounts for the 2013 and newer model and see if I could get them to work. Luckily, Fehling sent me a notice the mounts were in for my 2011 and would be shipped when paid for.
I looked a 2013 and did not see a difference.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I got invoiced and charged when they were shipped via DHL. The latest tracking translation ( German ) said the items were in the USA in customs.
Just the luck of the draw?

This quote from a guy in Baltimore, on "my" other forum.(23 Oct 2021)
"" Still can’t get the touring windscreen in the states, so ordered it from Hitchcock’s UK ( literally 4 days from order to delivery), ""

1 - 17 of 17 Posts