Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been over to the Givi web page to have a look at their screens for the burg650.It looks o k but seems quite tall.I am 6ft and wonder will i be looking over the top or through the screen.Does it alter the handling??????

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
you should not have trouble looking over the top of the w/s, unless your 6' is mostly legs. I did not notice any significant change in handling.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Im 6' 2" and I catch some wind from my Givi. I can see easily over it. When I slump my back I can still see over and Im out of the wind totally.

I am however going to install my clearview once I get back home. Its sitting in the garage awaiting my arrival home.
-bryan

·
Registered
394 Posts
redbird 2 said:
I have just been over to the Givi web page to have a look at their screens for the burg650.It looks o k but seems quite tall.I am 6ft and wonder will i be looking over the top or through the screen.Does it alter the handling??????
At 5'10" if I sit straight up, I see over the Givi windscreen, if I slouch I see through it. Best of both worlds in my book.

The only negative I find with the Givi screen is riding one-up at high speeds (65mph+) I feel some back pressure. Nothing too great, but different than the stock screen. Riding two-up breaks up the air flow enough that I feel no back pressure.

As for handling of the scoot, I find no significant difference stock or Givi.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I do believe that I got the LARGE and not the X-Large. I was on the phone with Jeff (I believe thats who I taked to.) at clearview and gave him my height and inseam and he said I only needed a Large. But he did say if I didnt like it I could get the XL. Im 6' 2" with a 34-36" inseam. 34" for jeans but 36" to the floor. He was very confident that a Large would be perfect for me. Of course Im still in IRAQ for 3 more weeks so I cant do any measuring or testing.
-bryan

·
Registered
857 Posts
Weird

That's strange...when I spoke to Clearview, I told them I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam, and they indicated I definitely needed an XL shield, which is what I got. I like the wind reduction (pretty much 100%), but I don't like the back pressure at speeds above 80. It starts at about 60-65, and increases to a bit uncomfortable at 80. Perhaps it'll slow me down a bit.

Weird that you get different stories from Clearview.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
That's strange...when I spoke to Clearview, I told them I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam, and they indicated I definitely needed an XL shield, which is what I got.
That sounds correct. That means you have a longer torso than I do. Im mostly legs. You have 4" less in your legs than I do and we are the same height. Thats why he must have recommended an XL for you.
-Bryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
clearview or givi

Hello, I'm thinking of getting one or the other of these windshields
come spring but could use some input on the pros and cons of each and
also how do you get in touch with clearview. My scoot is a AN400K3
that I picked up in October but winter here in Michigan has only allowed
me to put on 1200 miles since then, love it though. Going to trailer
it down to Daytona along with my sons "busa" to get some more riding time first week of march. Stay warm, Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts