Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question folk's. Can anyone about 5'6" using a Givi on a Burgman 400 tell me are they looking through it or over it.

Thanks

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Which Givi are you thinking about. If you get the Airflow you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm that height and have got the AirFlow model (AF266). The upper section goes down/up far enough for this rider to do either. I normally ride looking over it. It is a smoother and quieter ride than stock configuration. And, if I want clean air, it can come off in about two seconds. I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm 6'2" and look through my DT (insert number here). (I can straighten up a bit and look over it with no prob.)
At 5'6", you'll look through yours if it's ^
At first, it was kind of weird, but I don't even think about it now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Givi Airflow is fully adjustable. Whether you are 5'2" or 6'2" the Airflow will work beautifully for you. Best add-on you can buy for a Burgman. I like mine a great deal.

You have the option of full wind protection (looking through the windshield) or partial wind deflection by looking over it. I installed mine myself and I have very little mechanical skills.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quick question folk's. Can anyone about 5'6" using a Givi on a Burgman 400 tell me are they looking through it or over it.

Thanks

Geoff.
At 5'6" I am surprised the stock windshield isn't good enough for you. Buy the Givi Airflow as it is the best windshield on the market for the B400.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I really like the Airflow design - a much more robust Laminar Lip. Sure wish they made it for the 650

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not quite 5'6". I did purchase the Givi Airflo, found the wind management to be good, also quiter than stock. However, I could not comfortably look over the top of the windscreen. I could look over it if I sat up very straight and craned my neck. I gave it a few months, but found that this was not a comfortable daily riding position for me. I commute to work in foul weather so being able to look over a windshield is essential.

I ended up going with the 24" 7Jurock.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Not quite 5'6". I did purchase the Givi Airflo, found the wind management to be good, also quiter than stock. However, I could not comfortably look over the top of the windscreen. I could look over it if I sat up very straight and craned my neck. I gave it a few months, but found that this was not a comfortable daily riding position for me. I commute to work in foul weather so being able to look over a windshield is essential.

Wow first I remember seeing anyone who couldn't see over the Givi Airflo, at least when at its lowest. Then again my memory's not what it used to be.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the AF266. I'm 5"10" and I can see quite comfortably over the top. However, more and more often, I take the sliding part off all-together. I get wind from about my collarbone up, but being able to see without that distraction makes it worth it. I'm sure that a different helmet (modular) would make a world of difference.

Although AF266 without the slider gives me much less wind protection at the top, compared to the stock windscreen, it makes a nicer bubble of air around the sides where my hands are. When my wife is riding on the back, though, I put the slider back on for her, especially when we go on the freeways.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Did you take the top piece off? The sliding portion comes off completely. At 5'4" and over you should be fine with just the lower portion of the windshield.

I'm surprised that shorter riders even need anything besides the stock windshield.

·
Registered
724 Posts

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=284

Seems like a solid windshield for the Burgman 400. If my 5'2" wife ever inherits my '12 Burgman I may get her one of those windshields. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you take the top piece off? The sliding portion comes off completely. At 5'4" and over you should be fine with just the lower portion of the windshield.
I could easily look over the screen with the slider pulled off, but then it lost the advantage of the spoiler effect. Very noisy for me.

Seems like a solid windshield for the Burgman 400. If my 5'2" wife ever inherits my '12 Burgman I may get her one of those windshields. I appreciate your input. Thanks.
Your welcome. The 7Jurock is not as quite as the Airflow, but better than stock for me. No flexing at all either. It is also shaped such that you can add handguards without any interference at full lock.

I'm 5'6" and have the Givi Af-266 on my Burgman 400 and have no problem seeing over the top of it. I love it!
Oh no! Perhaps I am shrinking!

The variety of experiences that similar height riders have had with the AF266 seems to show that there is a pretty good variance in "look over" height. Not surprising when you think about how much variation there can be in all of our individual body dimensions that fit within an overall 5'6" package.

I think it would be safe to say that if you are comfortably taller than 5'6" then it may well not be an issue in terms of looking over the top of the screen. If you are at that height or shorter, maybe not so much. If that's the case it would be worthwhile trying to find someone nearby with this setup to try it out.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
5'6 short legs long torso look over, 5'6 long legs short torso look through. Yes people have different body shapes and it will make a difference when sitting on the seat. Now maybe next time someone asks I'll remember someone 5'6 that couldn't look over an Airflow. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I could not comfortably look over the top of the windscreen.<<

I can comfortably look over mine, and that's the only way I'd have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts