Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short version: found this for sale at a good price...but no idea if it's the right one. It was bought for (never installed on) a 2004 Burgman. Can anyone eyeball this & tell me what I'll need to use it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks like it is all there. All you do is select the mounting plate your going to use and put it on. You can also add the stoplight kit for another fifty dollars.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that's my question: is that the RIGHT plate? (It's being sold by a guy I sort of know locally.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a 650, the rack with the hole is the one that is on my bike. I would think you would use the same. Mine is the same model of givi. It was all ready on the bike when I got it. It would be best to find someone or ask givi how to install it correctly. I am not the person for that.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The mounting rack in the middle (the one that attaches to the bike itself) has three holes and three sets of hardware for them, it might fit a 650. But I believe the k7+ 400 has four mounting holes.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looks like it is all there. All you do is select the mounting plate your going to use and put it on.
What is with the two box mounting plates? What's the difference? Height looks like.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Liamjs the plate on the right is the universal plate for mounting on a generic tale rack.
The plate on the left is the one comes with the bike specific kit along with the metal adapter plate in the middle.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Let me add that the nuts and bolts are for the bike specific kit. The hardware for the generic mount should have four square plastic adapters to mount in the square holes under the cover plate of the generic mounting plate.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have installed a Givi Monokey Top Case on my 2012 400 using the Givi mount. How much movement of the Top Case can be expected ? The mount is rock solid but the Top Case does move a bit

Thanx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts