Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just purchased the Givi T435 hump bag. Nicely made and lots of room for rain gear, camera and other misc. stuff. Since I currently have both the 400 and 650, let me tell everyone that it was designed to fit the 400. The 650 is a little tight and crunches the bag so it doesn't fit cosmetically as well. The front portion can interfere with the key. I will still use it without hesitation since some of the trips I have planned will be camping I could certainly use the storage. However on the 400, it fits perfectly. They also make a rear seat type bag that I may buy as well. 47 cm X 30 cm dimensions.

I would like to find some kind of cover to protect the plastic in the hump area. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a design or source for such an item. It could be made of any dark coloured material.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
I would like to find some kind of cover to protect the plastic in the hump area. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a design or source for such an item. It could be made of any dark coloured material.
I'm about to try some outdoor carpet, short loop, dark gray. I suggest going to a carpet place and asking to see their cut-offs. My local place gives me small pieces when I need just something small. I'll probably use snaps with the male end screwed into the hump plastic and the female gromet-like in the carpet. This way it can be unsnapped and cleaned when necessary.

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
4dthinker, you could try self adhesive velcro strips first, save putting holes in your burg, and see if that works.
If not, drill away.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've used snaps before and prefer them. Any adhesive-backed solution I know of will eventually fail as the adhesive breaks down. You're right that a snap when removed would leave a little hole, but I've filled many before with epoxy. Black silicon would work too. The snaps use a #4 screw, so the hole is very small.

I'm thinking that eventually I'll get or make a hump bag. Carpet removed, the snaps would then hold it in place.

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
There are some photos in the gallery of similar setups, carpet, leather etc on the hump.
Take a look around in there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually there is a strap on the bottom of the bag that wraps around from the bottom to the other side. It seems to work just fine. I think I'll use the bag in this fashion...it seems very secure and I'll use a bunch of black electrian's tape to prevent scratching the paint and plastic bits. I'll place a black sheep skin piece underneath the bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts