Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the install on my new Givi E52 top case with light kit. Nice case, wicked sucky directions! Thanks to this Burgman how to pages the installation went well, the only guess how to problem was mounting the wiring receptical to the mounting bracket. I could not find a how too anywhere! Well I drilled, filed, sanded, drilled, dremeled, filed, buffed, polished, cut and finally fit the little 2 prong button to the top off the plate for a great contact connection. How I love doing things without directions....does it mount from under or thru the top??? Dang it, how hard would it be to include some directions besides the picture of how to add washers to the bolts....$390 bucks for case and adaptor hardware, 1 page with 1picture for instructions....arrrrrrggggg....but it came out nice and the lights work, the extra 52 liter of storage is sweet!
Next project, install my Garmin Zumo 550.... Maybe side cases in the spring.....good day all and enjoy the holiday as I am working......

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm waiting to calm down before I go back to working on the lights on my E52 Givi topcase. I had one of the light bulbs go out and then discovered that the brake lights are incadescent rather than LEDs. I called Givi and their guy was great but he sent me a replacement light block and the lights are LEDs now. The other incadescent side does not match the LED in brightness even close. Called Givi and ordered a second light block so the two sides would match. $18 each. What comes is the part with NO directions or any paperwork. The wires are not marked for polarity.

The red plastic has to be carefully manipulated back into a groove in order to fit and of course I ended up breaking the long skinny red tab on one of the lens. What I'm getting is a flickering of the lights. If I thump on the case the lights will go on or off. Loose connection, right? God only knows where or if I even have the polarity correct at this point. I don't know why something so easy should end up being such a pain in the ass and would it really hurt Givi to include some directions?

I'm about ready to can the whole thing and replace Givi's stuff with a full set of Admore LED's....

Ahhhhh.......I feel much better now having vented my frustration out on you fine folk...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bully said:
snipped........, the only guess how to problem was mounting the wiring receptical to the mounting bracket. I could not find a how too anywhere! Well I drilled, filed, sanded, drilled, dremeled, filed, buffed, polished, cut and finally fit the little 2 prong button to the top off the plate for a great contact connection. How I love doing things without directions....does it mount from under or thru the top??? Snipped ............
Next project, install my Garmin Zumo 550.... Maybe side cases in the spring.....good day all and enjoy the holiday as I am working......
Sorry I saw this too late!

The power feed for the mounting bracket is pressed in from the top, there should be no need for any fettling, dremel or otherwise.

The Zumo is best mounted using the brake reservoir cover available form Motor Cycle Larry, that is the easy bit. Running the zumo harness requires a bit of thought and planning.

Side cases - Kiwi on this forum has the the solution you need. :)

Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
183 Posts
After a long break and dinner I went back out and found a broken wire at the box side of the handsfree electical connection tween box and bike. The bare wire is tinned with solder and goes into a set screw to make the connection. You have to ease the top off the device inside the box with a judicious amount of plier work to get to it. The broken bit was right at the end of the tinned part of the wire but covered with insulation. So.....

A cool mind prevailed over frustration and the job was done right. There's probably a life lesson in there somewhere.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again....aaarrggggggg.""directions please....simple thing Givi Corp. I pay you provide directions....enough said :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts