Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of us rode down today to look at trunks and bags and the young lady was very helpful and knowledgable, dragging out stuff from the store room, hauling it out to see how it might look on our 400's, etc. Musta spent 45 mins with us. And to top it off, if you buy there, they install free. Probably going to have a matching silver trunk put on.

Need to make an appt tho if its something other than windshield. Also, they are in the process of moving to a new location in a month or so, and it will be out of Charlotte, closer to the S.C. line.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ted clement said:
Three of us rode down today to look at trunks and bags and the young lady was very helpful and knowledgable, dragging out stuff from the store room, hauling it out to see how it might look on our 400's, etc. Musta spent 45 mins with us. And to top it off, if you buy there, they install free. Probably going to have a matching silver trunk put on.

Need to make an appt tho if its something other than windshield. Also, they are in the process of moving to a new location in a month or so, and it will be out of Charlotte, closer to the S.C. line.
Awesome! I like the amount of room that my big Givi E52 trunk has, and I like the integrated brake lights, which are bigger than on some of the other models. But I saw some slightly smaller Givi trunks at Scootercade that were much more attractive. Mine has kind of a Lardy A... look - oh never mind! :wink:

Just curious. Was anything said about Givi producing side case mounts for the Burgmans? I think they are missing a market there.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Maybe JacV - could exploit this market, if the frames were relatively quick and easy to detach I would think he would be on to a winner.

Mind you with side panniers the 650 will be getting seriously 'La........' - Oh , never mind you know where I am coming from :wink:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul, none of us asked about side cases, but she did show us some pretty nice soft saddle bags that attach to the passenger rails with a loop on the bottom for bungy cord, which was included, along with rain covers.
Forget the price, might have been about $125-30 for the pair. She did suggest getting some of that rubber waffle stuff that they sell in Wal Mart for shelves to put on the back to keep from scuffing the paint. Guess you'd have to glue it on, maybe with some of that spray glue, otherwise it'd be flapping about, or blow off. Since I'm not into touring I didn't pay a lot of attention to the bags, mostly to the lovely lady! :evil:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wish I could just drive over there. The V46 looks to be a little more attractive than the E52. It obviously holds less and is a littel taller and not as wide. I’ve not seen side by side comparison of the brake lights for each.

I too wish GIVI would come out with a mount that would include side cases as well. It would be great if we coordinated efforts here to ask them to design this for us.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
csachs1 said:
[snipped]I too wish GIVI would come out with a mount that would include side cases as well. It would be great if we coordinated efforts here to ask them to design this for us.
Hi

Why not email them see what response yuu get?
Givi Italy may be better than US for a response.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
csachs1 said:
The V46 looks to be a little more attractive than the E52. It obviously holds less and is a littel taller and not as wide. I’ve not seen side by side comparison of the brake lights for each.
The E52 has a huge reflector across the back, with two optional large brake lights in it. The other Givi trunks I have seen have one small optional brake light. When I hit the brakes on my 650 four brake lights come on - two on the scooter, two on the trunk. I like that - and I like the amount of storage space the E52 provides. But the V46 is a better looking trunk - I agree on that point.

I always lean a bit toward function over appearance. Everyone is different in that regard. I think that Givi has a line-up diverse enough to satisfy just about anyone.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
I always lean a bit toward function over appearance. Everyone is different in that regard. I think that Givi has a line-up diverse enough to satisfy just about anyone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in Charlotte and they've always been very accomodating. They will be actually moving within spitting distance of where I live in SW Charlotte!

·
Registered
794 Posts
csachs1 said:
Wish I could just drive over there. The V46 looks to be a little more attractive than the E52. It obviously holds less and is a littel taller and not as wide. I’ve not seen side by side comparison of the brake lights for each.
I concur that the v46 is more attractive and to my eyes appears to have more of an OEM look as well. It comes with a wrap-around reflector for visibilty from the side as well as the rear. There are four quarter-size reflectors just above the reflective band that can be modified to act as brake lights with a kit from GIVI. For added punch I wired these brake lights with a Kisan brake light modulator.

See my review in the reviews section.

Regards,

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts