Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2007 Burgman with 30,000 miles. It has a Givi model 42 box on the back. I am going to buy a 2012 executive with 1475 miles. I want to be able to take the box off the 2007 and put it on the 2012 executive. How difficult is it to mount a Givi bracket on the back of the 2012 executive?
respectfully,
David Miller

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think they are the same as older versions. Just make sure that you get the same mount for the model line of Givi you have. They make monokey and monolock cases and they aren't interchangeable between mounts AFAIK.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I was clear as I should have been. I am keeping my "old" burgman and buying a newer model. I want to be able to use my Givi case on both bikes, depending upon which bike I chose to ride that day.
respectfully,
David Miller

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I currently own a 2007 Burgman with 30,000 miles. It has a Givi model 42 box on the back. I am going to buy a 2012 executive with 1475 miles. I want to be able to take the box off the 2007 and put it on the 2012 executive. How difficult is it to mount a Givi bracket on the back of the 2012 executive?
respectfully,
David Miller
Not hard at all. Remove the passenger backrest and install the trunk mount.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its not that difficult to fit a luggage rack mounting bracket on the AN650L2. Since you want to switch the Givi box between scoots, you are going to need to identify which type of Givi rack your current AN650K7 has mounted on it. As stated above, Givi produce Monokey and Monolock boxes and therefore there are two different luggage racks since the boxes aren't interchangeable "off the shelf" without some adaptation. Monokey racks for the Monokey boxes, and Monolock racks for the Monolock boxes. There are however some universal racks, that allow for fitting off any brand boxes. Some boxes come with a specific mounting bracket (base plate) too, which fits onto the base luggage rack.

Check the luggage rack on your K7. If you can't determine that by looking the rack or box over then you might need to take your current K7 into a dealer to have the parts dept, staff work it out/identify the rack for you.

Fitting the luggage rack onto the Executive model, requires removal of the standard pillion back rest on the Executive model, unless its already been removed. If it hasn't, then if you are handy with tools, it's not that difficult. Once the pillion back rest is removed then there are three holes in the rear tiupperware where the Givi rack needs to be mounted, using the supplied hardware that comes with new Givi racks, e.g. tube spacers, longer bolts, washers and the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts