Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my second aftermarket add-on for my 400 K8.
It's a Givi266dt. This windscreen is so much better than stock it almost makes the stock screen seem like an engineering mishap.
I couldn't afford the "other" Givi which I'm sure is better than this one but this one is just fine for me.
I'm 6'2" and can look over it just barely. I prefer to look through it. I can see why some have cut it down a couple of inches, though. I'll leave it as is for a while.
I think it's worth the money and am glad I got it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did the same. The other one was not available and I got a great deal on the 266DT on EBAY, so I went for it. I LOVE it! What a difference it makes! I am 6 feet tall and I look through the windshield at the very top, but with my Hawk Air Cushion on the seat, I can easily sit just a little taller and look over it. The extra protection is fantastic and no more head buffeting! I like the extra protection for the hands as well. I would recommend this windshield highly! Yes, the original is crap!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had mine for a few weeks and decided to cut it down with a Dremmel bit after a morning ride in the dark with misting rain. I could not tolerate the glare from oncoming cars. It was quite easy, and I used a sanding disc and sanding block to smooth the cut and edges. Looks like a factory cut.

On an opinionated note, I don't like the looks of the AF adjustable Givi. It was a non starter for me.

The wind protection for the hands of the 266DT is great, It don't get cold on those sub-freezing days any more.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some neoprene gloves and socks on the way. I plan on riding the Burgie everyday I don't NEED my truck.
Good to note about the glare from oncoming cars when it's wet outside. I can straighten up a little and look over the screen. But, I may end up cutting about an inch off if I experience the same as you TWT.
Wonder how many of us have the 266dt over the AF?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts