Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade (aka replace) the stock windscreen. I need to make the choice between the solid or adjustible Givi 266 models. My problem is that I was born short and stayed that way. I can see over the stock shield, I probably have an inch or maybe 2 of sight above the stock shield at the 50 foot distance.

I know the AF is adjustable, but not enough (from what I understand) to drop the top down low enough for me. Can I lower the mounting setup to get me the correct height? If I cut the top, will I loose the airflow?

If I cut the DT version, am I going to loose the airflow? I know others have done it, so it must work.

I want to drop the noise in the modular helmet, and add stability to the bike.

I sent an email to Givi, they have not responded. Now I need your help. What do I cut or modify to work for me?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm 5'5" w/ a 29' inseam. w/ the AF266 on my 400. In the lowest position, I can see over it quite well. It drops as low as the stock windshield.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, since the comments were unanimous,:rolleyes: I ordered the AF266 from Revzilla this morning.

I did get the answer from Givi. Talk about a quiet bunch. I asked several things about the AF266 and 266DT. Their complete answer was:
Hello,
The lowest setting on the AF266 would be around 27” in height.

From what I can find in my research, the stock screen height is 26", so the Givi AF266 should work fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have now installed the windshield, and from my garage view, it is too tall.
I have only a couple choices that I see:
1) grow taller...don't I wish. Not fun being short.
2) modify the top screen bracket to cut off about 1/4" allowing the top to slide down a little more. Would gain about 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of an inch.
3) move the latching device down about 1 hole/roughtly 1 inch. That will gain me the amount that I move the latch down. I would probably pay to have this done so it is done right.

I suppose I could add an Airhawk to the seat to make me sit a little higher, that would add comfort too.

Where was that human growth hormon 45 years ago?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I suppose I could add an Airhawk to the seat to make me sit a little higher, that would add comfort too.
Exactly what I was thinking before I got to that part of you post. The only problem may be if you can still get your feet comfortably on the ground.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to explore the ability to move the top screen mounting assembly down. It looks as there are 3 holes, 2 small screw holes and one larger hole for the latching assembly. If I move the top screw into the bottom hole, then I would need to drill two holes lower. That would drop the top screen to a very acceptable location.

If this proves to be a viable way of reducing the top height, I will look for the correct bits. I guess they need to be a different cutting angle on the bit for the acrylic.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Don have you ridden your scooter with the new screen on yet? If you can see over the screen by sitting up a little straighter it may work out ok. In my opinion a rider needs to be able to see over the windshield when it's raining and in certain lighting situations. I assume you already know that and that's why you want to be able to look over it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the top screen was a half inch to an inch lower, it would be great. I could feel the effect of the wind being pushed up. I can still see the colors in the plastic, I'll get used to that.'

Going on a longer (all be it) city street drive with a local scooter group. Hopefully I'll be used to it by the end of the ride and be satisfied with the position of the top screen.

If not, there is a shop about 5 miles from home that may be able to help me.

Got my Bestem 929 top box wired up with the brake light flasher today. Now when I stop, three sets of lights flash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts