Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

In a little while I am heading over to my local shop to have mounted a new Federal Formoza 165/60/14 to my wheel. Hopefully there will be no problems getting it mounted. All fingers crossed.

So what pressures are you guys the most happy with? I weigh 260 lbs and never carry a passenger. I was thinking about trying 40 psi but wanted to know what is working best for you folks.

I sure hope that like the Darkside on my Burgman as much as I do my Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have a Potenza. I weigh about 150 lb. I use 41 psi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I put 40 psi on mine

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy to report the installation went well. Took 115 PSI for the bead to pop out but pop out it did. That was a relief.

And the ride and handling was so close to the OEM tire that I could hardly tell any difference at all. The main thing that I noticed was how smooth it rode. I did not want to go back home when I took it for a test drive but ominous black rain clouds closing in on me made the decision a bit easier.

To those of you considering going over to the darkside all I can say is that this is the second machine that I have gone dark with and I will say the same thing this time as I did with the first one. "Wow. What a tire.".

Oh, and right now I got 41 PSI in my new tire. Feels pretty good. Think I will leave it right there.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I used 37 to 40PSI.

Some thoughts on it --

1) Some say more flexible sidewall on Car Tire justifies using more pressure.

2) Some say better traction on curves, etc. with lower pressure on Car Tire (as with MC tire).

3) I say - try different (35 to 40) and see how it feels.

PS: I am guesing - not a whole lot of difference, but I have never studied it.

Folks amke al kinds of comments -- new tire (whateevr kind) is more sticky.

How can you say that Unless you have pushed it to the limit and broke it loose?

Most of us do not ride near the limit (Check your Chicken Strip - the un used part of the edge).

·
Administrator
20,112 Posts
I also do 40 PSI.

WOW Arnie (Asolof) is back on here. Long time no hear, welcome back Doc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use the maximum 44 psi cold pressure allowed as shown on the tire sidewall, all the time, solo or 2 up, I've had no problems in over 85000 miles of Darksiding on my Burgman 650 and GL1800, most of the miles on the burgman's.
Later, Jim

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Hey Guys

In a little while I am heading over to my local shop to have mounted a new Federal Formoza 165/60/14 to my wheel. Hopefully there will be no problems getting it mounted. All fingers crossed.

So what pressures are you guys the most happy with? I weigh 260 lbs and never carry a passenger. I was thinking about trying 40 psi but wanted to know what is working best for you folks.

I sure hope that like the Darkside on my Burgman as much as I do my Goldwing!
Is this the one you are using ? http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/federal/165%2F60-14+federal+formoza+fd1+75h.html

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I run 36-38 psi

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
40psi one (230) or two (+120).

Her unsolicited comment after the change ("Wow, LOTS smoother and quieter"

With over 5,000 miles no sign of wear.

·
Registered
169 Posts
32 in my Potenza. I weigh 220 and my wife rides occasionally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts