Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello wise ones. As is the situation from time to time with all owners of two wheel transportation, I am getting the itch to get a new, at least a new to me, scoot. I have had my first scooter, a 2006 Burgman 400 for a year now and I love the transition from motorcycle to the practicality and ride of a scooter, not to mention the MPG I get. I also have a Kawasaki W650, the Triumph clone which is nicer and more reliable than the original. At 66 y/o I am thinking of giving up the Kawa and getting a Burgy 650 but keeping the 400. Like many of us with the addiction I can't stand the thought of having only one scoot. I have found a 2009 650 (no ABS) with 2,900 miles all by the original owner in excellent shape for $5,000. Cheaper than a new 400ABS but also three years older. In the expert opinion of the inmates of this forum, what is the verdict? Is this a good price, so, so, price or a good deal that I should grab? Or is it not really worth getting the 650 considering I already have a 400? I would appreciate all opinions. :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal to me and as far as having a single bike I think you can see from my signature that I have a few, lol. It's all up to you on whether or not it's right for you. As far as the 400 goes vs. 650 I've never riden a 400 so I don't know what they are like. There are probably a few people on here that have one of each and I think Buffalo comes to mind. My '09 cost me $7,500 OTD two years ago and I have over 19,000 miles on it at this point.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
I bought my second 08, 3rd Burgman 650, two & 1/2 years ago for $5150 and they dilvered it to my door. It had 305 miles on it and I am over 35,000 now. I got an excellent deal. Yours is a good deal for an 09. I also can not comment on the 400 to 650 as I have not ridden a 400. All I can say is the 650 is like a Dodge Shelby OMNI GLH, Looked different but "Goes Like HeII".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts