Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in the archives and was wondering if any one here has tried this method ?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yep, done it that way twice. The reality though is that it doesn't save a huge amount of time and effort compared with complete removal of the whole drivetrain.

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
But Garry, some people will spend 45 minuets trying to save 15. ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, done it that way twice. The reality though is that it doesn't save a huge amount of time and effort compared with complete removal of the whole drivetrain.
How long did it take you from the start to getting the CVT out ?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
To me, it seems to have the advantage of not needing extra precautions to keep the scoot upright during the operation, since the frame and the engine remain connected with one bolt. If workshop space is tight and no helping hand is available, it looks the safest way to me.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
How long did it take you from the start to getting the CVT out ?
Took me a day of solId work (spread over two days) by the time I removed all the plastics and worked out how the connectors detach (no two are the same) - it's much quicker the second time. ;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
But Garry, some people will spend 45 minuets trying to save 15. ;)
Are you referring to me Dave? ;) :D

I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to trying to do things quickly, and on the cheap. It used to be fun when I was younger but nowadays I think why bother - there are enough unfinished projects in my garage to last me till my dying days. Just wish I'd learn the lesson one day......

.... and so does my wife. ;) :p

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took me a day of solId work (spread over two days) by the time I removed all the plastics and worked out how the connectors detach (no two are the same) - it's much quicker the second time. ;)
You are talking about the German way , right ? I would love to see just how much tuff has to be disconnected this way . As far as all those electrical connections go , I know what you mean I went through it when I tore my rolling chassis down . I took my time a couple hours here and there and actually enjoyed it . That said I was there to learn and get the parts off of it , so there was no pressure for me to ever get it running again .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A guy on the other German forum, Burgman.de was on the road again 4 weeks after his belt snapped, using the same method of minimal tupperware removal.
He was guided by some other forum members, so there's a lot of questions and answers.
http://www.burgman.de/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10704

Lots of pictures, and no registration required.

The O.P. uses the same avatar as BikerDoc, I was confused by that for a moment.

Sample picture:

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I've pulled two CVT's using the partial disassembly method and one using the full disassembly method. For me the partial method cuts the time about in 1/2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts