Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
This would be the same as asking if you went to a political rally. Its really none of their business and an invasion of privacy. Or asking Mikey M if he went to the KittyKat club when he gets out of jail.
Who ya think posted bail ????

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
It shouldn't be about "cool", it should be about desired policy outcomes. :)
Vic, I'm still Right of Center. Since Nixon, I have voted for every Republican running for President, except a Reality TV show host. No, scratch that, I voted for Ronnie too.
NO! I could not vote for her ether. So I abstained in 2016.

My opinion is Donald needs to be awarded "The Hero of the Nation" award for excellent service to the Nation.
View attachment 90933

This whole two party system is an illusion of choice ....

What the Rep Party did to Ron Paul and then what the Dem Party did to Sanders shows where the break down is and where the fights are fixed.

Your telling me that Joke Biden is the best they could find to beat Trump ?

I’m sitting this 💩 show out...I’m tired of voting for the lesser of two evils ...just to be stuck with evil.

*Most all know what country is influencing our Whole Democracy and it’s not Russia or China.

*Edit

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Dan711,
Now to be fair to all...edit your stats to show what the numbers coming out of Tulsa, OK are after the Trump Rally ?
I doubt we’ll ever know a transmission rate on that.

A US friend just mentioned that Herman Cain is in hospital with Covid.
He was at the Tulsa rally and makes a lot of noise about not wearing masks.
Its just one person and no way to tell if he got it there or took it with him but either way it was around.

He advocated high risk behaviour so he’s getting a bit of a panning over his previous comments.

As you said, the sofa sounds good right now. Not that I’d go anybodies rallies in the first place.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We all know what country is influencing our Whole Democracy and it’s not Russia or China.
Uhhhhh Kalifornia? It S.A.S. ain't the U.K. Now Ireland, love me some Ireland. My male DNA (father's father's father's father and so on) is 100% Irish. Northern Ireland specifically. Love those guys.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I doubt we’ll ever know a transmission rate on that.

A US friend just mentioned that Herman Cain is in hospital with Covid.
He was at the Tulsa rally and makes a lot of noise about not wearing masks.
Its just one person and no way to tell if he got it there or took it with him but either way it was around.

He advocated high risk behaviour so he’s getting a bit of a panning over his previous comments.

As you said, the sofa sounds good right now. Not that I’d go anybodies rallies in the first place.
It gets worse. (Stamford Advocate)
It was just hours before President Donald Trump was set to take the stage for his rally in Tulsa last month when the news broke: Six staff at the site had just tested positive for the coronavirus.

The president, who was en route from Washington, was livid that the news was public, according to people familiar with his reaction. In the tent outside the BOK Center, where campaign staff were being tested before the event, the release of the information caused a scramble.

Health-care workers were quizzed about whether they had leaked the information about the positive cases to the news media - and then were given a different list of people to test, according to two people with direct knowledge of the events.
(bold added)

They knew, and worked to hide it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
You guys remember the Sit In turned Camp Out called Occupy Wall Street?

Can you name one good thing We The People Achieved ?

Before those demonstrations, were people thinking in terms of "The 1% vs everyone else"?
Maybe "Wall Street" vs "Main Street" economics, but without really thinking about just how narrow "Wall Street" actually is.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Why wouldn't the "test and trace" team want to trace where a person who has tested positive has been?
It's not about individual privacy,these answers can be kept private. It's not about finding out the truth.....it's all about politics and making sure there is no "trace evidence" the protests lead to a spike, which would make those politicians who encouraged the protesters look bad. .
There's something missing from that. The contact tracers can't ask the question outright, but the exposed individual is free to bring it up.

Also, how effective can tracing from a mass demonstration be, anyhow? It's not like there are sign-up lists, or that everyone stays in the same place (let alone the whole mass of protesters).

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Did they murder a couple of teenagers during their occupation? It's likely the authorities didn't see them as a threat to innocent life,and time was on their side. On the other hand, with a couple of dead teenagers in Seattle, they showed themselves as a threat to innocent life. Authorities had to move in.

No double standard at all.
Do we know the "couple of teenagers" weren't actually killed by counter-protestors?
We know that in at least some instances, counter-protestors have shot demonstrators.
Last I checked, the police had no leads.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
One had beat somebody and taken their car at knifepoint, chase followed and they rammed a chop barricade, shots fired into vehicle.

I don’t know about the other.

(an earlier post said it was OK to shoot if you thought they might be guilty or ran, I’m guessing that won’t apply in this scenario)

As Dave pointed out, BLM and others had already pulled out and told protestors to go home so not sure who “they” are.
Sounds like rounds went all over the place.

When I was out there were a few killings happened in Seattle. I’ve heard it’s slightly better now. I was happier out past Redmond where it was pretty sleep.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Come off it, nobody said it was a Trump supporter or any other faction

That guy in the t-shirt is the guy who went in several times and kept getting removed isn’t it?
There’s other pics of him with several other groups asking him to go, the gay guy threatening to kiss him if he didn’t shut up and a few scuffles.
Thats some determination.

Similar religious shouter was carried to safety by BLM supporter in London after breaking up the incident. Pretty gutsy move.
He went into several conflicts and and generally helped anybody in trouble from either side. Kudos.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This whole two party system is an illusion of choice ....

What the Rep Party did to Ron Paul and then what the Dem Party did to Sanders shows where the break down is and where the fights are fixed.

Your telling me that Joke Biden is the best they could find to beat Trump ?

I’m sitting this 💩 show out...I’m tired of voting for the lesser of two evils ...just to be stuck with evil.

*Most all know what country is influencing our Whole Democracy and it’s not Russia or China.

*Edit
Illusion of choice? What you have is a choice between two coalitions, each with internal competition over which priorities that coalition advances. In the US's political system (plurality choice plus single-member districts), there can only be two viable parties because of Duverger's Law.

I can't speak to Ron Paul since I didn't really follow that campaign. I can sort of discuss Sen. Sanders since I did to some extent. His main problem is that he couldn't turn out his voters (the youth generally don't vote in proportion to their numbers). Fundamentally, though, he was using the Trump 2016 delegate-accumulation strategy: hope the field stayed divided so that he could have the largest plurality at the end -- that is, even though most delegates were for other candidates, no other single candidate would have more delegates so he'd win at the convention. This works a lot better under winner-takes-all per-state rules, which the GOP has and the Dems don't.

After Super Tuesday, most of the Dem candidates didn't have a path forward and dropped out. It wasn't party elites that forced this outcome, just the inevitable math of delegate counts. This broke the Sanders campaign's strategy, which needed a widely-divided field to work. When the contest narrowed to Sanders vs. Biden, Democratic primary voters overwhelmingly chose Biden.

Biden as a candidate? He's left-of-center of the Democratic Party, but not its far left. He's got the backing of pretty much the entire Democratic coalition (minorities, unmarried and/or educated women, labor, tech excluding communications, environmentalists, etc.) aside from the small slice of purist leftists. And earned it by backing their interests over decades of public service. He was, obviously, the Vice President during one of the most successful and popular Administrations in recent memory, so he knows how government is supposed to work. And he's a generally decent person, which counts for a lot in these times.

So, I don't think it's a choice between two "evils". But, even if it was, the lesser of two evils is still LESS EVIL. And as an American citizen, you owe it to your country to make it less evil even if it's only by a little bit.

I'll admit that this is from a moderate/left perspective. It's probably a much harder choice (and I could argue it really isn't any harder, but this thread isn't the place) if one's priorities are conservative positions on social issues or taxation.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
They were a peaceful bunch......

Man wearing a T-Shirt with a Scripture verse is violent;ly dragged out of the zone.

Then we have Rapper Raz Simone, who has been patrolling the barricades with an AK-47 and a handgun, has begun assaulting residents who disobey him. "We are the police now," says his crew. "We are the leaders."

“Seattle People’s Department East Precinct.” Raz Simone, a local rapper with an AK-47 slung from his shoulder and a pistol attached to his hip, screamed, “This is war!” into a white-and-red megaphone and instructed armed paramilitaries to guard the barricades in shifts. Later in the night, Simone was filmed allegedly assaulting multiple protestors who disobeyed his orders, informing them that he was the "police" now, sparking fears that he was becoming the de facto warlord of the autonomous zone. A homeless man with a baseball bat wandered along the borderline and two unofficial medics in medieval-style chain mail stood ready for action.

Of course it must have been a Trump supporter who shot and killed the two black teenage boys, as if their lives didn't matter.
Just another law-abiding gun owner keeping things polite. Why do you have a problem with that?

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
So you're saying it's legal to open carry an AK47?

Raz Simone, with an AK-47 slung from his shoulder and a pistol attached to his hip, screamed, “This is war!” into a white-and-red megaphone and instructed armed paramilitaries to guard the barricades in shifts.

The radical leftists are styling the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” as a sovereign state “retaken back for the people“, warning anyone who reaches the area’s border wall (ironically enough, they have built a wall) that they are leaving the United States.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
(ironically enough, they have built a wall) that they are leaving the United States.
Which ironically enough wasn’t a wall, didn’t stop people and was constructed by somebody they criticise (but maybe was longer) :)
But that is just more scattershot point scoring To detract from the issue.

Edit: Police erected barricades on 7th June. The concrete barriers by Seattle Department of Transport, June 16th

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
On AK47s and shootings:

Businesses hired several security firms reportedly also carrying AK47s
The guy shot after stealing the car was chased by vehicles marked “security”

BLM negotiated their withdrawal before things turned nasty, as documented and Dave already said.

But there are some bad people so let’s not address the racism problem.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
In Washington state I can open carry a AK-47, AK-74, AR-15 or any other "SIMI-AUTO" with it just being registered. With a special license for a "FULL AUTO" I can also open carry it.

But is it wise to open carry in general public, HeII no. Also acting in an intimating manor will also get you in trouble real quick and you may have guns pointed at your self.

Back in 1970 when I was in Jr High school, with prior arrangement, I could open carried my unloaded .22LR rifle to school with a box of 500 rounds. I would go down the sidewalk in front of the school and head straight to the schools office and hand the rifle to the Vice Principle and he would lock it up. At the end of the day 5-8 other kids and I would go and pickup our rifles and walk 1/2 mile to the Auburn Police shooting range and do live fire with two police men. I was the only kid that could hit the targets at 100 yards with open sites. Times have changed.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I’ve been about this image.
If officers had swooped up George Floyd from out of line comrades in the same way he’d still be alive.

The guy being carried is ex-police, there to challenge anti-racist protestors.

The guy doing the carrying got together with 4 friends to head off trouble as best they could and protect the younger protestors from others and from getting too carried away.
He looks young but I think is 49.

The ex-police guy got in some scuffle ending up with him vulnerable on the floor and injured and separated from his group. 4 guys held the crowd back while the other scooped him onto his shoulder and delivered him out to the police line, then returned to what they were doing

He had a nasty injury to the back of his head but recovered, as far as I know he’s declined to make any comment.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Bluebottle could you help me source the training manual and the origin of the tactic of using a knee to subdue someone ? This is the first time I’ve seen this method done. Even in the mixed martial arts matches I’ve never seen this. Who ever is teaching this needs to be stopped.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
161 - 180 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.