Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 215 Posts

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
Let us have your address so while your in Jail we can come down and help SWMBO clean out the old stale refreshing beverage stock. When you get out, you can then buy all fresh stock. Also, leave the KittyKat Klub membership card out so we can make sure they do not get too lonely.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
SWMBO and her umbrella won’t be home :

·
Registered
996 Posts
I really like that idea, Daris, of dumping statues off-shore. They are not polluting and dangerous to marine/aquatic life. The upside is that - if planned right - you could develop a whole new tourist industry. Statue diving tours - sell/rent scuba gear to tourists and do ‘scavenger’ hunts and challenge them to get as many photos as possible of the sunken scoundrels from the past. Maybe not as exciting as diving the lost city of Atlantis, but still ...

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
If taking down Civil War statues helps this nation become more Great then I’m all for it.

I think we need to plant a tree where each statue stood with a plaque with the words of this Wise Man :

Reactions: ducati14

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Now I’m angry ...illiterates of Great Literature defacing the greatest Spanish Author that Championed the plights of the common man.......Long Live the Story of Don K Otay !

Quick before they take it down :

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If taking down Civil War statues helps this nation become more Great then I’m all for it.

I think we need to plant a tree where each statue stood with a plaque with the words of this Wise Man :

View attachment 90808
Indeed. So we have a remembrance of Confederate leaders as being profound statesmen rather than traitors in defense of slavery. Sure.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I really like that idea, Daris, of dumping statues off-shore. They are not polluting and dangerous to marine/aquatic life. The upside is that - if planned right - you could develop a whole new tourist industry. Statue diving tours - sell/rent scuba gear to tourists and do ‘scavenger’ hunts and challenge them to get as many photos as possible of the sunken scoundrels from the past. Maybe not as exciting as diving the lost city of Atlantis, but still ...
[/QU
Indeed. So we have a remembrance of Confederate leaders as being profound statesmen rather than traitors in defense of slavery. Sure.
You can't just rent scuba equipment to tourist,they'll kill themselves.I had to do months of training to get my BSAC qualification,you really do need to know what your doing.If you panic,your dead.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Let history show a man can continue to grow even in defeat ..... I thought his response was eloquent with no want of revenge. It seems a fair concession to both sides and we get more trees and that should make Greta happy ....win, win & win .

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
"... a fair concession to both sides..." assumes that both sides have sufficiently equal moral standing as to require a compromise.

Or perhaps just political power, rather than moral standing.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Morality ? Should half the population of our legal immigrants throw a brick anytime the Blue Angels does a fly over ? What should our citizens of Vietnamese, Japanese, German, Italian decent demand ?

If the statues were such an issue why didn’t Obama address it during his first four years or second four years ?

I don’t belong to the Red or Blue Party so it’s not political ...I’ll call it like I see it ....The Statue Issue is the continuation of the 43 month Big Blue Tantrum .

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
OK, my opinion is we should NOT allow the statues to be vandelized. They should be removed from places of honor so they do not glorify the status of the Confedrate side of the Civil War.

Yes it was gross Treason what they did to the nation. But not any different from when the USA succeeded from England in 1776. To the English we were Treasonists but to us we were Revisionists. Just matters what side you were on. If the Confedrate South had won, there would have changes made up north.

Now I back up my opinion based on two timelines in history.
  • WW2 Nazi's had all of Germany and central Europe with Nazi Swastika's all over buildings. The Nazi's lost. The following year ALL signs and building facades were blown off to erase all signs of Nazi. This was fine at the time, HEALING. Now all the younger generations of German do not remember how bad the Nazi's were. They effectively erased a lot of history. But it did not erase the fact it happened.
  • Egypt in the 2012-2013 ransacking of all non Muslim artwork. They tried to erase all of the Egyptian Pharaohs history. Thousands of items were destroyed or looted and sold. They effectively erased a lot of history. But it did not erase the fact it happened.
So removing all these Confederate Generals Statues will erase the memory, it will not erase the facts. If we do not have things to remember bad times, then bad times will be repeated. Lets not erase the reminder of it happening.

Remove them to a side road and put up reminders of how they are only there to show what happens when a group tries to do something based on Racial Bigotry.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I really like Ben Carson and what he says :

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
“The Houston Association of Realtors no longer uses the word “master” to describe bedrooms and bathrooms on its Multiple Listing Service.
Earlier this month, HAR replaced the phrases “master bedroom” and “master bathroom” with “primary bedroom” and “primary bathroom” on its property listing database.”

Master Lock better be looking for a new name Right Now !

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Didn’
I really like Ben Carson and what he says...
That evolution doesn’t exist? dinosaurs? Big Bang?
That he was offered a full scholarship for West Point (even though they don’t do full scholarships and have no record of him)?

Not my first stop for critical thinking.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Wonder if he sweats 🤣🤣🤣...... I bet he did when he did brain surgery for a living..that takes some ability to think on your feet.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Also a politician, which takes some ability to lie and tell groups what they want to hear regardless of believing it or being untrue - and double back on it at a moments notice.

He doesn’t believe we should erase history but:
a. Removing a statue doesn’t do that
b. He claims the Egyptians didn’t build the pyramids, Joseph did it as grain stores - which erases history and rebuilds it with a biblical figure at the centre.
c. He doesn’t know much about history, as shown in a and b

But nobody goes to conspiracy theorists like Next News Network for accurate information or history.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Don’t Sweat It 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry the BBC wasn’t carrying it ..... the case of Sir Jimmy Savile was a theory once.....Epstein Theory was proven true and now morphed into another theory......while another Unhelpful Unemployed Humping Dumpty is starting to moisten at the brow.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
All irrelevant to Mr Carson’s credibility of judgement, his dubious grasp on history or the linked site carrying far right extremist Conspiracy theories.

However,
Should the statues of Jimmy Saville remain destroyed/taken down or should they be put back up?
After all, we shouldn’t erase history.
Sould we ignore the suffering he caused to people who couldn’t speak up or do anything about it because he also raised millions for charity and did volunteer work for good causes etc?

Or is the history of the people he harmed more important?
Should their descendants have to walk past an effigy celebrating him and know their horrific treatment is swept under the carpet in favour of a more palatable whitewashed story?
Or do we say “this happened, it’s still happening, let’s stop it from now forward”?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I say preserve history.... as to statues glorifying war.....let them all be beat into plows, flower boxes or buried at sea.....to the likes of Sir Jimmy dig up his bones and statues and cast a gallows to be erected at the Vatican ...where men like him will dangle, contort and rot from a rope....for all men and God to see.

I’d rather live by most of Carson’s Judgments than many of those that hold high places. He is not a yes man:

81 - 100 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.