Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
PS.
A lot of tactics on both riot and anti-riot sides were developed from the experience of the Northern Ireland troubles.
Setting up “atrocity propaganda” images included - get a little old lady to reach for a soldiers rifle so he lifts it out of the way, snap a photo while the SLR butt is raised over her head and her arm is raised in defence - bingo! Front page photo.

Both sides were horrendous and ordinary people with he genuine problem were caught in the middle, including my step father and his family in Belfast.

·
Registered
525 Posts
replying just about the “atrocity propaganda” (which i am conscious of), that's why i like to go frequently on "unmanaged" sites like IMGUR, Reddit or even 4chan. If you take your time to skim throu the already seen TV images/video, you often find original content (in this case, or for Hong Kong riots too, videos taken from users phones) which gives you an unfiltered view of the facts.

Unfiltered meaning that is up to you to filter, not that it is good or better by default... which requires you being aware of your own cognitive biases if you don't want to pat yourself but instead have an educated information :)

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Bluebottle your a pilot ...what do you know about flight recorders ? Are they indestructible?

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Reactions: ducati14

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Bluebottle your a pilot ...what do you know about flight recorders ? Are they indestructible?
It depends what you mean by flight recorder.
Physical:
”black box” recorders are an American invention used on commercial aircraft. They aren’t black and are actually two recorders, flight data and audio (FDR and CVR).
They will withstand massive impact (thousands of g), a thousand degree heat and submersion - so pretty tough.

Non commercial aircraft are not required to have them.
Helicopters don’t usually have them unless they are military or likely to carry out offshore oil rig type work.

Some aircraft have lesser units including data recorders that will print out max g, speed, altitude type info but not squawk frequency type data, type of information an engineer might want for diagnostic work. A bit more robust than auto parts and usually housed in a “survivable” area - not particularly tough.
Then aviation GPS unit and integrated autopilot data (if it has one)

Then there is data acquisition stuff like I would use during research which you could stomp on (cameras etc) or in standard housings and patch boxes.

Other than that you have external records of flight path, speed, Alt, squawk data such as ADS navigation which leaves a track.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I saw a photo this week of a girl who took a direct hit to the forehead with a rubber bullet...it really effed her up. Hole down to the skull and eye swollen and bloody. Not something I would wish on anyone.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
replying just about the “atrocity propaganda” (which i am conscious of), that's why i like to go frequently on "unmanaged" sites like IMGUR, Reddit or even 4chan. If you take your time to skim throu the already seen TV images/video, you often find original content (in this case, or for Hong Kong riots too, videos taken from users phones) which gives you an unfiltered view of the facts.

Unfiltered meaning that is up to you to filter, not that it is good or better by default... which requires you being aware of your own cognitive biases if you don't want to pat yourself but instead have an educated information :)
Google Images will let you search using an image as the search term (hit the camera icon in the search bar there) -- this lets you track an overly dramatic photo back to where it originated. Often it's not what it seems, or recent, or even at all related to what it claims to be.

There are others, such as TinEye.com that do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Haven't recieved, but have experience, yeah, less than lethal mostly, they can chunk and penetrate, they can break small bones, (face, arm,lower leg,) bruises severe, tissue damage can get necrotic ears eyes gone, ( Pilipines) kids like 10 and 12 , small frame adults. never saw it but i would not be surprised to hear cranial fractures. So, just hit me with a beer bottle is my choice.
Preferably with just the contents.

At a leisurely pace of your choosing.

Better, just hand you the bottle and let you drink it.

That's a much nicer way to control a riot. :)

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
“I went down to the demonstration. To get my fair share of abuse.”
Sir Mick Jagger 196?

I’m gonna Protest No Free Food, Beer or Sex and see what I get 🤡

Americans with Disabilities given Equal Access

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just search for "rubber bullet(s)" on IMGUR: (don't if you're sensible to real blood)
rubber bullet
rubber bullets
I served in Northern Ireland for 2 years 1979-1980 I may have fired a few rubber bullets particularly during the hunger strikes. Some rubber bullets may have been removed from the casing and replaced with two batteries which were a perfect fit. Allegedly :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I served in Northern Ireland for 2 years 1979-1980 I may have fired a few rubber bullets particularly during the hunger strikes. Some rubber bullets may have been removed from the casing and replaced with two batteries which were a perfect fit. Allegedly :cool:
Have you seen the movie Bluebottle recommended “71”. Two Thumbs Up for the movie.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Have you seen the movie Bluebottle recommended “71”.
I was born and bred in NI and was 16 when I decided to join the Army. Ironically my first posting was to Antrim barracks in 1979. My introduction as a soldier was at a place called Warren point where I had to peice together 18 of my colleagues In body bags after two large IRA bombs. Not to keen on watching movies about the conflict to many ghosts I cant lay to rest.
I now live in England but all my family still live in Ulster

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I ain’t throwing any Bricks but this law needs reworked now !

Somebody is trying....

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
meriam webster is going to re define racism ,,, in this neighborhood , that new difinition would be , "something white people do,"

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Nope ! not going to do it.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Thanks for the Thumb Up Dave_J .... I didn’t think it would pass your sniff test. 🐟👃

41 - 60 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.