Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
There is a lot of false information in that article.

Video of police unloading bricks tracks to North Eastern campus PD having collected them to remove the danger and stored them for City of Boston to collect
Another “pile” of bricks in cages turned out to be defensive anti-vehicle ramming measures placed outside a synagogue long before these problems.

The Fayetteville, North Carolina piles were associated with a building company. Link in the article claims they ”suddenly appeared” and yet geo-location images show they were there from at least 24th May.

San Francisco pallets were related to building site
Following the secondary links came up with another image protesters amongst genuine prepared piles of bricks - a quick image check shows it was Hong Kong, not US as stated.

So yes, the situation is being manipulated, often by those who are doing the finger pointing

... and those who amplify such propoganda - knowingly or unknowingly.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Not to amplify anything but :

The article I linked to was a compilation of quotes by officially involved personnel .

On Sunday night, New York’s top terrorism cop, Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller, detailed his office’s analysis and investigation into why the New York City protests have become so violent and damaging at times.

“No. 1, before the protests began,” Miller said, “organizers of certain anarchist groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police.”

And once the protests started, these groups used “a complex network of bicycle scouts” to direct rioters to locations where police officers would not be present…

“And they developed a complex network of bicycle scouts to move ahead of demonstrators in different directions of where police were and where police were not for purposes of being able to direct groups from the larger group to places where they could commit acts of vandalism including the torching of police vehicles and Molotov cocktails where they thought officers would not be.”
“ These are not just mindless angry mobs. They are being directed with a purpose, and that is very alarming.”

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot has publicly acknowledged that there has been “an organized effort” to turn the protests over George Floyd’s death “into something violent” in her city…

Speaking at an afternoon news conference today with other officials, Lightfoot didn’t say whether the groups are out-of-state left-wing anti-fascist organizations generally known as Antifa, right-wing agitators, local street gangs or something else. She said she’s asked three federal agencies—the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives and the U.S. Attorney’s office—for help, with a focus on AFT’s bomb and arson unit.
“There is no doubt. This was an organized effort last night,” she said. “There were clearly efforts to subvert the peaceful process and make it into something violent.”
Lightfoot did not really elaborate on why she believes there has been “an organized effort”, but officials in other cities have been willing to give the public more specifics.

The story continues.....

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Indeed.

Genuine protest is being hijacked by various groups Including straightforward criminals and far right extremists etc hoping to discredit persons with genuine concern and further their own cause - all pulling in different directions.

Notably, Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller did not name the groups.

Arrests have been against extremists:
Three men connected to 'boogaloo' movement tried to provoke violence at protests, feds say

etc

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
You think the Right Wing Extremists would offer bail money and first aid provisions to ANTIFA, BLM and Genuine Protesters ?

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
You can NOT tell me the USA's 'Alphabet' National Security "Companies" do not know WHO the leaders of the Anarchist are.

Anarchists are NOT stupid run amok young punks. They have a very good leadership, an Oxymoron for sure.
They have huge networks of followers.
They have huge networks of backers.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
You can NOT tell me the USA's 'Alphabet' National Security "Companies" do not know WHO the leaders of the Anarchist are.

Anarchists are NOT stupid run amok young punks. They have a very good leadership, an Oxymoron for sure.
They have huge networks of followers.
They have huge networks of backers.
I’m almost convinced that they are one and the same.... If tipping the Constitution over constitutes Anarchy I’d say they have almost achieved their objective.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
You think the Right Wing Extremists would offer bail money and first aid provisions to ANTIFA, BLM and Genuine Protesters ?
It is NOT in the intrest of the 'Extreme Right Wing' (ERW) to support anything related to 'Extreme Left Wing' (ELW) activities.

Just the opposite.

The ERW will hire Rabble Rousers to do anything to disrupt and cause strife in the mix of any ELW meet up.

AND VICE VERSA!!! :(

Reactions: Bluebottle

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Dominance and Oppression has been going on for MILLIONS of years before a UTERUS popped the first HUMAN out on this earth.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dominance and Oppression has been going on for MILLIONS of years before a UTERUS popped the first HUMAN out on this earth.
and stupidity was there all the time :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
"The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī, wéijī[1]) is frequently invoked in Western motivational speaking as being composed of two Chinese characters signifying "danger" and "opportunity" respectively." - Wikipedia

While America is consumed by this crisis, and the news media is rolling out the bandwagon day after day, other things are happening. This always happens when we look the other way. Our distraction leaves opportunity for the opportunists among us.

Some of those opportunists are the looters. A minor problem and a poor opportunity because they had cameras watching them. The big opportunities are in City, State and Federal governments. No camera watching them today. Media too busy with interviewing protesters. Legislation that might not be welcome in the light of day can often pass easily in the dark of crisis.

Remember the freedoms we permanently lost after 9/11 when, in our despair we allowed our government to repeatedly stomp on our rights. Remember what we've already lost due to the current virus and demonstrations- the "the right of the people peaceably to assemble" given in the First Amendment of our Constitution. Will that Right be restored eventually? Name any Right that, once taken, has been restored.

Not just government is benefiting from crisis. What about your utility companies? Gas, electric, internet, telephone, water, etc. Are you watching them closely? What about landlords, bankers, lenders, insurance companies, etc?

A time of crisis is a time of danger (for many) and a time of opportunity (for a few). Be alert.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Your on a roll Jab...tell em buddy !

·
Registered
996 Posts
The problem seems to revolve around the “impunity” for LEOs. We need to do better. When cops kill someone for a tail light infraction, or because they went to the wrong house, or they’d killed the person who called to ask for help ... when there’s four cops with one suspect ALREADY HAND-CUFFED ... heads should roll. Cops who still have a job after “a mistake” where they kill someone, need to have a different job. Cops who are there to “serve and protect” and have a record of violence and brutality need to be weeded out BEFORE they pull off a [email protected] up like the Floyd George event NOT AFTER. Police forces should be combing their records NOW to discover the loose cannons and fire as being dangerous to civilians and to policing.

And now with the Lafayette Square incident, the POTUS Is using the guns of the country against it’s own citizens while lawfully exercising their right to peaceful protest (1st Amendment I believe * ). Violence against citizens is being role-modeled at the top.

One could see how revolt could be provoked if the Top demonstrates no respect for the laws and constitution.

* Admin changed 2nd Amendment to 1st. ;)

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
996 Posts
BTW, how dangerous are the use of “rubber” bullets? Anyone here been on the receiving end?

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Ducati14,

A college student in Austin just took a Bean Bag to the back of the head and he is in the hospital with brain damage.

I think rubber bullets are bad news too.

I don’t think they are allowed to go for head shots with either.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
They might pretend to, then vanish.
It is NOT in the intrest of the 'Extreme Right Wing' (ERW) to support anything related to 'Extreme Left Wing' (ELW) activities.

Just the opposite.

The ERW will hire Rabble Rousers to do anything to disrupt and cause strife in the mix of any ELW meet up.

AND VICE VERSA!!! :(
Related only by topic, not by cause:

Tuesday afternoon, I went out and about on an errand, and saw storefronts in [downtown district of local suburb] being boarded up. I was also taking a detour to avoid reported demonstrations on the way out and then back.

On the way back I saw a freeway exit next to a Sheriff's Station closed off with cones and multiple cruisers. Then, as I went past the [local suburb] city hall, I saw a dozen or so sign-carrying demonstrators. They were motivated, but peaceful.

The next day I saw local reporting on the events. The windows downtown had been boarded up as a precaution, not patching damage. The main demonstration in front of the Sheriff's statoin had about 50 people, and was entirely peaceful.

I saw what happened to LA in '92, and this isn't it.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
BTW, how dangerous are the use of “rubber” bullets? Anyone here been on the receiving end?
Haven't recieved, but have experience, yeah, less than lethal mostly, they can chunk and penetrate, they can break small bones, (face, arm,lower leg,) bruises severe, tissue damage can get necrotic ears eyes gone, ( Pilipines) kids like 10 and 12 , small frame adults. never saw it but i would not be surprised to hear cranial fractures. So, just hit me with a beer bottle is my choice.

Reactions: ducati14

·
Registered
525 Posts
To add something to Mikey answer, AFAIK (but things here may be different from yours) rubber bullets are meant to be fired on the ground, at the feet of the crowd "frontline". The bullets then loose energy (which is so much to make them travel far, not to be harmful), bounces around and "stops the crowd" without harm (yes pain, as a "stop signal", not harm). They should'nt be fired AT persons.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Rubber bullets were invented by the British to be used in The Troubles in Northern Ireland.
They killed at least 17 people and blinded/maimed many more.

After 3 deaths from the original rushed version they were changed in 1974 to the “plastic baton round“ type that are still in use and those account for the other 14 deaths

I don’t know if the material or muzzle velocity is the same for what your guys are using.

Part of the problem is that the people they hit aren’t always the people who were aimed at and in heated situations some users can be tempted to use them for a direct head shot or other unauthorised use.

They were used when I was growing up and they are still a source of animosity in NI 50 yrs later.

21 - 40 of 201 Posts